A Cornerstone of Regis University At the heart of Regis University's Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions (RHCHP) and College of Contemporary Liberal Studies (CCLS) lies Loretto Heights College (LHC). Founded in Denver, Colo., in 1891 by the Sisters of Loretto, LHC began as Loretto Heights Academy, a Catholic elementary and secondary school for girls. In 1918, college curriculum was offered at the school and in 1926 a Teacher Education program was formed. In 1948, Loretto Heights phased out the elementary and secondary programs and became Loretto Heights College, a four-year college for women. The Nursing program was started that same year. Between 1968 and 1980, LHC reached several milestones including the establishment of a lay board of trustees, the admission of male students and the formation of a business program. In 1980, LHC launched the Health Records Information Management program. In the summer of 1988, LHC closed and three of its academic programs moved to Regis College. The Nursing program became the foundation for the Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions, and University Without Walls became the College for Professional Studies.