Pioneering Education The seeds for Regis University were planted in 1877 in Las Vegas, New Mexico, when a group of exiled Italian Jesuits founded a small school called Las Vegas College. In 1884, the school relocated to Morrison, Colorado, and was renamed College of the Sacred Heart. Thanks to a generous donation of land from John Brisben Walker, the college was able to settle in its current Denver location in 1887. The school was renamed Regis College in 1921, in honor of the Jesuit saint, John Francis Regis. Regis’ first accelerated undergraduate program for adults began in 1977 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Just one year later, Regis launched its first graduate program, the Master of Business Administration. When Loretto Heights College closed in 1988, some of the academic programs, notably nursing and University Without Walls (UWW), were absorbed by Regis College. Nursing became the foundation for Regis’ Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions and UWW was incorporated into Regis’ School for Professional Studies, which is Regis' former College for Professional Studies. In 1991, these three distinct colleges became Regis University. Today, Regis University tailors learning to meet the needs of its 15,000 students. Each of its now five colleges – Regis College, Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions, the College of Business and Economics, the College of Computer and Information Sciences, and the College of Contemporary Liberal Sciences – offers a distinct expression of the University’s mission. From the traditional student living on campus, to a business executive studying online, to a health care student serving in a clinical placement in rural Colorado, Regis’ student body spans many experiences and geographies.