Regis Neighborhood Health pharmacists work with the health care team to assure the best treatment for your health and wellness, whether this includes medications or not. While working with your current medical providers to:
- Review prescription medication, over-the-counter (OTC) medication and dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals, herbal products) for safety and usefulness for your health conditions and wellness.
- Medication check-ups-, annual check-ups, as well as new medication counseling
- Provide individualized health promotion and disease prevention, including administration of immunizations.
- Offer diabetes support and education for you and/or family members who have diabetes or are concerned about developing diabetes.
- Provide travel vaccine inquiry/education
- Support health conditions and medications related to these conditions:
- Heart disease including high blood pressure, high cholesterol and conditions that compromise heart function (arrhythmias, heart failure)
Breathing conditions (asthma and chronic obstructive lung disease)
- Review of specialty conditions
- Support and review of best practices for self-monitoring of specific conditions.
Our Pharmacy Staff
James “Jamie” D. Nash, PharmD, MPH, BCPS
Dr. James Nash studied pharmacy and earned his Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) at Mercer University in Atlanta, Georgia and a Master of Public Health at the University of Louisville in Kentucky. He completed a general pharmacy practice residency and a specialized residency in primary care. Dr. Nash is board certified as a pharmacotherapy specialist (BCPS) by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties and licensed as a pharmacist in Colorado. He has practiced in a variety of settings providing many opportunities to learn from others and fine-tune his pharmacy skills. Besides being one of the Regis Neighborhood Health founding pharmacists, he is the Director of Experiential Education for Regis University and a Professor within the Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions. Dr. Nash is a proud father of four children and one devoted husband. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family, running and enjoying the Colorado outdoors. His interest in becoming a founding pharmacist is to provide an opportunity for interaction with people seeking to improve their health, not only physically but also mentally and spiritually. Dr. Nash is excited about the opportunity for individuals to seek and reach Cura personalis, a Latin term meaning “care for the entire person.”
Leticia Shea, PharmD, BCACP
Dr. Leticia Shea studied pharmacy and earned her Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD) at the University of Colorado. She completed a community pharmacy residency that focused on the implementation of ambulatory care services, such as diabetes education and monitoring, in the community pharmacy setting. Dr. Shea is board certified as an ambulatory care pharmacist (BCACP) by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties and is licensed as a pharmacist in Colorado. Her practice experience includes community and ambulatory care. She is excited and grateful to be on the team of practitioners helping to implement the innovative wellness services provided by Regis Neighborhood Health. She believes strongly in the collaborative/integrated model provided at the clinic and finds it to be the epitome of care needed for wellness and prevention. Dr. Shea’s research interests include dietary supplement analysis and preventative medicine.