For non-local or on-line students, you may access mental health resources by:
- Asking your health care provider for referrals for psychotherapists or psychiatrists in your area. If you don't have health insurance, ask if the therapist offers a sliding fee scale or payment plan.
- Call your health insurance company for a list of psychotherapists or psychiatrists on their panel.
- Find out if your employer has an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). They provide a limited number of free, confidential sessions with licensed psychotherapists.
- Call your local mental health center for referrals.
If you have an emergency situation, go to the nearest emergency room, or dial 911.
National crisis numbers:
- National Crisis Helpline: 800.784.2433
- National Suicide Lifeline: 800.273.TALK (8255)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Safe Horizon Stalking/Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-4673