Education, Awareness & Prevention
Each workshop listed below can be offered in a variety of formats and will be presented by Office of Counseling and Personal Development (OCPD) staff.
Question, Persuade, Refer & Helping Others in Distress
To get more information about any of these presentations or to request a presentation, please complete our OCPD presentation request form below or call our Outreach Coordinator, Rebekkah Goodman-Williams at 303.964.5729.
- QPR is a national presentation that serves to educate on how to recognize and respond to signs of heightened distress in others, especially suicidality. Participants learn how to ask the important questions and effectively encourage and refer distressed individuals to the support needed.
Substance Use Risk and Reduction
- This presentation focuses on educating on the risk factors for substance use problems and how you can help yourself and others who may be struggling with drug or alcohol abuse and/or addiction.
Healthy and Effective Communication
- This presentation focused on educating on the key components of communicating with others in healthy and effective ways. Key components include assertiveness, conflict management, relating with other different from yourself, and recognizing problematic patterns/behaviors.
Anxiety and Stress Management
- This presentation focuses on providing and practicing tools and strategies to reduce anxiety and stress. Includes mindfulness and relaxation strategies.
Self-Care and Well-Being
- This presentation focuses on the essentials of maintaining holistic well-being and developing a self-care plan that meets your own individual needs.