Important Housing Dates for Spring 2016 Semester:
Residence Halls close on Saturday, April 30th at noon. Students must be out of their Residence Hall within 24 hours of their last final exam, or by April 30th at noon, whichever comes first.
*Athletes in season and approved by their coaches may be allowed to stay in the Residence Halls past these dates--approval must be granted to the coach from the Housing Director.
Graduating Seniors who live on campus move out May 2, by noon.
2016-2017 First-Year & Transfer Student Housing Sign-Up Information:
Friday, April 1 at 9:00 a.m. Housing Sign-Up opens online for First-Year and Transfer students.
Friday, May 13 Documentation for medical accommodations due to the Office of Student Disability Services & University Testing. Students wishing to receive medical accommodations must also complete the Special Housing Accommodation Request Form.
Friday, April 29, 2016 Roommate selection process begins.
Sunday, May 22 by 11:59 p.m. Priority deadline to complete Housing Application and Roommate selection. If you have not chosen a roommate by this date, you will be auto-allocated according to your answers to the questions at the beginning of your Housing Application.
Thursday, August 18 First-Year and Transfer student move-in begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Students with last name A-E 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Students with last name F-K 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Students with last name L-R 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Students with last name S-Z 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2016-2017 Upperclassmen Housing Sign-Up Information:
- Monday, January 11, 2016 through Friday, February 5, 2016
- Phase 1 of the online housing sign-up process
- Only a sign-up process – not the actual selection process
- ALL student SO, JR and SR will indicate interest in living on campus
- Those who choose not to live on campus BUT are raising Sophomores will be encouraged to complete the exemption form http://fs17.formsite.com/Regisuniversity/Housing-Exemption/index.html
- Friday, January 29, 2016 at 5pm
- Friday, February 5, 2016 at 5pm
- Phase 1 closes
- ALL SO, JR and SR who want housing need to have completed phase 1 by this date
- Monday, February 8th, 2016 by 5pm
- ALL JR/SR will be notified if they have been offered housing
- Students NOT offered housing will be provided a link to sign up for housing if space becomes available, as well as information on moving off campus
- All SO who signed up during phase 1 will be offered housing in phase 2
- Monday, February 8th through Friday, March 4th
- Students in phase 2 of housing sign up must complete the housing contract, housing deposit ($300), and find/confirm roommates.
- Students unsure of who to live with can use the roommate search tools to find their best match
- Monday, March 7th
- Students in Phase 2 will be emailed their room selection timeslot
- JR and SR students in phase 2 will be given priority timeslots
- Tuesday, March 8th through Friday, March 11th
- Students will select their housing assignment via the online portal
Resources to Help Students
- Housing Information Tabling in the Student Center from 11:30-1:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 13th
- Friday, January 15th
- Tuesday, January 19th
- Thursday, January 21st
- Monday, January 25th
- Housing Sign up Support the Residence Halls 7:00-9:00pm each night (locations vary)
- Tuesday, January 19th – DeSmet and RVs
- Wednesday, January 21st – OC and West
- Tuesday, January 26th – OC and West
- Wednesday, January 27th – DeSmet and RVs
- On-Site Room Selection Support in the Residence Life Office (modular 1-84) 8:30-5:00pm
- Tuesday, March 8th
- Thursday, March 10th
Saturday, August 20, 2016 All upperclassmen students move in from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
All upperclassmen students move in from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.