Let us help lead you on a path to health and vitality
Mission: The Regis University Wellness Program inspires and empowers, through collaborative efforts across Regis, the enhancement of overall health and well-being.
Goal: Our goal is to increase faculty and staff awareness to the offerings available on campus. We want to help enhance your overall quality of life and health. Let us help lead you on a path to health and vitality.
Spring 2018 Wellness Steps
Every time you participate in a wellness activity promoted by the Wellness Program in during the semester, you can be entered into a drawing for a prize at the end of April. Just ask the facilitator of each activity for a ticket.
Opportunities for tickets into the drawing:
- Join the Virtual Stress Relief Program
- To sign up or receive more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the NEW Walking Club
- Walk the Wellness Loop on campus brought to you by Cultivate Health
- Take some time to enjoy the beautiful Colorado weather and walk the Wellness Loop that is on and off campus. Just email email@example.com and let us know when you have walked.
- Attend the Heart Health Lunch and Learn
- Attend the Making Healthy Habits Lunch and Learn
- February 20th 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Attend a Retreat in the Workday
- February 15th 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (A fresh look at Mission at Regis)
- April 12th 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Women in Scripture)
- Participate in the Go Move Challenge
- Sign up at www.GoMoveChallenge.org
- February 1st - February 29th
- Pediatric and Adult CPR, First Aid and AED Class
- Cost: $27 (cash or check made out to Regis University)
- March 5th 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. in Loyola 10
- March 6th 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. in Loyola 10
- Description/Details: This course will also go over how to save someone who is choking. Those who sign up will spend 3 or more hours at home doing the online portion of class and then 1.5 hours with Jena Twete (Coordinator of Fitness and Wellness) in the class room. The online portion can be done in pieces, it does not need to be done all at once and it just needs to be completed before you come to class. Once you sign up for the class, via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be sent the instructions for how to complete the online portion. Each class is limited to 6 participants and more classes can be added if needed during the week of Spring Break. Those who sign up and pass the class will receive their certificate via email within a week of taking the class and it is good for two years. Note: No one is making a profit off of this class, we are just charging the flat rate of what it costs to have the certification. Most classes average around $100 out in the community.
- Lunch and Learn on the topic of Sleep
- March 12th 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Lunch and Learn on Mental Health Wellness in the Workplace
- April 5th 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Caring for Aging Parents Lunch and Learn
- April 24th 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Attend any of the ongoing fitness offereings: Common Ground, Meditation Mondays and Heart and Mind Meditation Group
Ready to get started? To participate in the program register HERE.
Any new members who sign up or join our Yammer Group, will also recieve an entry into the drawing for prizes in April.