Looking to quit smoking or learn more about smoking and your health? Visit COquitline.org to find out more information. The Colorado QuitLine is funded through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. The department serves the people of Colorado by providing high-quality, cost-effective public health and environmental protection services. The department focuses on evidence-based practices in the public health and environmental fields and plays a critical role in educating Colorado citizens to make informed choices.
Spring 2017 Wellness Program. Just some of the ways to participate:
*Complete five of the eight steps below and be entered into a raffle to win prizes at the end of the spring semester.
- Participate in the Prairie Dog 5k on April 9th with other Regis colleagues or on your own. The race registration is $30 before January 31st. Register at http://prairiedoghalf.com/spring---arvada.html . The Faculty and Staff Wellness Program will provide 5k training plans and transportation to the event from Regis to those who sign up.
- Partake in a Biometric Health Screening at Regis Neighborhood Health. You can either partake for the first time or if you did it last semester see how your results may have changed.
- Volunteer for two hours in the community. We will advertise volunteer opportunities when they come up during the semester.
- Attend a HR Met Life Talk (Spring schedule coming soon).
- Attend the Heart Health talk happening on February 23rd at 12:30 p.m. in Claver 307. Presented by Regis Neighborhood Health and Jena Viesselmann.
- Attend four meditation sessions. Options include: Meditation Monday's with Laura Thompson in LDC 125 from noon - 1 p.m., Common Ground with Ken Phillips on Wednesday's in the Newland Prayer Room at 12:00 p.m. or Inner Passages Meditation with Anna Floyd on Monday's and Thursday's in the Newland Prayer room. Visit http://regismeditation.weebly.com/ for the times for Inner Passages Meditation.
- Sign up with Rally if you are a UHC Benefits Holder. Complete 30 consecutive days of missions to complete this step. All you need to do is complete at least one of your missions a day for 30 days straight. Once you have done so you will need to send firstname.lastname@example.org a screen shot of the 30 days of missions completed. You can do this by logging into your Rally account, clicking on your username and then "my rally." Then click on your mission and then a bar graph will appear. Screen shot the 4 weeks (or 30 days) for each mission and then we will see that you did 30 days of logging.
- Participate in the Go Move Challenge for the month of February. Compete against other Jesuit schools for the most amount of movement in a month. To sign up visit gomovechallenge.org to create your free account.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Click the “LOG IN / REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “REGISTER” box, fill in the required information, including a valid university email address
- Click the “SUBMIT” button when finished
- You will receive a confirmation email with your user email and password
HOW TO LOG YOUR MINUTES
- Starting February 1, 2017, visit www.GoMoveChallenge.org
- Click the “LOG IN / REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “LOG IN” box, enter your email address and password
- In the “LOG MY WORKOUT” box, select the type of movement activity, enter the number of minutes, and select a single date or date range for logging multiple days
- Click the “LOG IT” button when finished
- There is no limit to the number of minutes that you can accumulate
- There is no limit to how often you can log minutes
- Read more at www.GoMoveChallenge.org/FAQ
Weight Loss Challenge
Join the Faculty and Staff Wellness Program for a weight loss challenge. The Wellness Program will offer a six-week challenge in the fall of 2016. The challenge will contain two weigh in periods (initial and final) and the winner will be determined by percentage of total weight lost, which is all based off of body composition. The winner will also get a prize.
Fall 2016 Six-Week Weight Loss Challenge (WLC)
To sign up for the weight loss challenge register email us at email@example.com and please include your full name, department name and whether you are signing up as an individual or part of a team. If you are participating in a team, please include your team's name and if possible, list all team members' names and email addresses.
Challenge Sign Up: Week of September 19
Initial Weigh-Ins: Week of September 26
*The initial weigh in is a great time to do your first Biometric Screening
Challenge Dates: October 3 - November 11
Final Weight-Ins: November 9, 10, 11
Fall 2016 WLC Success
We would like to congratulate the Brown Family, Team "Slim Possible" (Fredricka, Brenna and Savanna) on winning the Team Challenge for the Faculty and Staff Weight Loss Challenge. As a team, they lost a total of 21.4 lbs and 15.25 inches. Wow! Great job ladies! The Faculty and Staff Wellness Program committee is so proud of their hard work that we want to share it with you all as well. If you see one of them on campus, please be sure to congratulate them because each of these ladies has been working hard these past six weeks!
Also, we just wanted to share the amazing group results from the six week weight loss challenge. As a group of 100 participants (with more than 50 percent doing both the initial and final weigh ins), they lost a total of 164 lbs and 52.75 inches between chest, waist and hips.
For additional fitness tips and ideas, visit the Wellness and Recreation Facebook page.
To keep track of your fitness and nutrition, either while doing the challenge or for general daily use, we recommend using MyFitnessPal. It is not just a website for recording your exercise and nutrition, but it also comes in a convenient app for your phone! If you are participating in the weight loss challenge, we recommend you use this program to help you stay on track with your goals because we all know the more you put into something, the more you will get out of it.