As a valued member of our learning community, please be aware that logging into our appointment scheduler constitutes your acknowledgment of the following rights and responsibilities:
1. Any Regis University student, faculty, or staff member is welcome to make as many appointments as s/he would like, up to a limit of 60 minutes a day, or 180 minutes a week (Sunday through Saturday through our appointment scheduler). Writing and tutoring assistance is only offered to members of the Regis community.
2. If you cannot attend a scheduled appointment, you must cancel it any time beforehand by logging into your scheduler account, opening your appointment form, and clicking, "Cancel This Appointment". You may also reschedule your appointment at any time in the scheduler. If you are absent from three (3) appointments without notifying us ahead of time, your Writing Center and Tutoring Services privileges will be suspended for the semester.
3. If you are more than ten (10) minutes late for an appointment without notifying us ahead of time, your appointment will be cancelled, and may be granted to another individual.
4. Please bring everything you can think of that will help your writing coach/academic tutor help you gain the most from your session. This includes, and is not limited to, your assignment and/or rubric, textbook(s), research literature, writing tools, and of course, your undivided attention and willing participation.
5. Clients may not drop off assignments and must work alongside writing coaches/academic tutors.
6. Clients may not seek writing/tutoring assistance with take-home exams without prior written instructor-permission.
7. Children and non-service animals are not allowed in the Writing Center and Tutoring Services space.
8. You have the right to be treated with respect by our staff, writing coaches, and academic tutors. You have the responsibility to treat staff, writing coaches, academic tutors, and other community members with respect. Disrespectful language and inappropriate behavior will result in the suspension of privileges.