The Learning Commons offers all Regis students additional 10 free hours a year of academic support through Smarthinking. The tutoring year starts January 1st and ends December 31st of the current year.
Smarthinking is an online (only) academic support service that offers both, synchronous and asynchronous tutoring in various subjects and levels as well as in writing. Please note that Regis students also have access to 60 minutes a day or 180 minutes a week (Sunday through Saturday) of academic tutoring and writing consultation through The Learning Commons.
Besides tutoring assistance, Smarthinking also offers comprehensive tutorials on a range of academic topics. Once logged into Smarthinking, see "Academic Resources."
Follow these steps to use Smarthinking:
- Log into Regis Today with your Regis username and password.
- Click "Smarthinking" in the list of links located on the upper right of the page.
- You will then be prompted to log into Smarthinking with your Regis username and password.
- You will be directed to a “Systems Check” page. Simply scroll down, and click “Click Here to Continue.”
- If a window pops-up asking, “Do you want to generate a token ID to access the Smarthinking iPad app?” close it by clicking the X button.
Visit Smarthinking for information about their services or contact Smarthinking Customer Support for assistance.
If you are a faculty member and would like to have access to Smarthinking, or if you have questions, please contact Michael Ennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to the Smarthinking Guide for Students
Go to the Smarthinking Guide for Advisors, Faculty, and Students