Become a Nonprofit Leader
Regis University’s post-graduate certificate in Nonprofit Executive Leadership is designed for individuals already in professional careers in business and/or government who are seeking to move into the nonprofit/third sector.
Nonprofit Executive Leadership (Post-Graduate)
A growing trend today is for professionals to make the personal and professional transition from one sector of employment to another. This trend is particularly evident today in seeing mid- or later-career individuals moving from the business or government worlds to the nonprofit/third sector.
Offered both online and on-campus, the College of Business and Economics post-graduate certificate in Nonprofit Executive Leadership builds upon the already-earned MBA or MPA degree and the existing knowledge and skills to provide critical foundational knowledge for the successful transition from the business/governmental sectors to positions of executive leadership in the nonprofit/third sector.
Applicants for this post-graduate certificate must hold the MBA or MPA degree (or equivalent).
|Executive Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Total Requirements: 12 credit hours
|MNM 601 History, Theory & Future of the Nonprofit Sector
|Select 3 classes (9 credit hours) from the following:
|MNM 610 Legal and Ethical Issues for Nonprofits
|MNM 647 Program Development and Accountability
|MNM 648 Governance and Organizational Leadership
|MNM 670 Financial Resource Development
Prospective students, please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list and you should contact an Admissions Counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates. (Current students, contact an Academic Advisor in the College of Business and Economics).
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
A candidate for the Executive Project Management academic certificate program must apply and be accepted into the Master of Science in Organization Leadership degree program.
Regis University's College of Business and Economics (CBE) graduate academic certificates are designed for adults who are seeking new career opportunities, wish to enhance their work-related knowledge and skills and want to advance educationally. The graduate academic certificate represents a selection of courses from the Master of Science in Organization Leadership program that are offered for academic credit. These courses could eventually be included in a CBE graduate student's degree plan or stand alone as courses beyond the degree requirements.
Certificate recipients may include:
- Individuals who already hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in one area and are seeking college graduate certification in another area (e.g. Project Management), but are not interested in completing a second bachelor's or master's degree.
- Individuals who hold an undergraduate degree, but are not sure initially if they want to enroll in a degree-seeking program.
Requirements for the Master of Science in Organization Leadership graduate academic certificates:
- A minimum of 15 credit hours of coursework
- The courses offered within a given certificate will represent a coherent body of knowledge chosen in consultation with representatives of appropriate academic disciplines
- The certificate program identifies the description of the courses required for completion and the recommended sequencing of those courses
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
Applicants seeking a graduate Executive Project Management certificate from the CBE must possess a baccalaureate degree in any field of study from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Complete the online certificate application
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript within 30 days of the date of application. Official transcript must reflect a baccalaureate degree awarded from a U.S regionally accredited college or university. If official transcript is not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcript is received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. Official transcript must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the Office of Admissions.
- Faculty interview
- Certificate candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- 3.0 overall undergrad GPA or have earned 3.0 in their last 30 hours of undergraduate classes,
- OR Present a current resume showing at least two years of professional experience,
- OR Be active in a Regis University graduate program or have completed a graduate program at another institution
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or less on the undergraduate degree-bearing transcript are required to take a writing/critical thinking course as the first class
- Additional admissions requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- The coursework of returning students (whose degree plans have expired) and/or transfer students must have been completed less than 10 years prior to the current admission into the degree program in order to be applied toward degree requirements
Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
Applications due two weeks prior to start date. Visit the academic calendar to view start dates.
YOUR APPLICATION FILE INCLUDING ALL REQUIREMENTS, DOCUMENTS AND FEES, MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.