Lead organizations through effective communication and delivery of value to ethically serve customer needs.
The Master of Science in Marketing is designed for entry and mid-level marketing professionals with an interest in exploring leadership from a strategic and tactical perspective while offering an opportunity to cultivate the leadership skills to think critically, create vision based on ethical values, and discern the future, take risks, and institute change within an organization. The curriculum is a blend of contemporary marketing practices that focus on identifying and serving market needs, communicating and facilitating positive change in a global environment.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY Marketing?
One often hears references to the “bottom line.” Marketing addresses the top line, the revenue line of the income statement. Marketing encompasses many functions: research, promotion, sales, advertising, customer service, product development, pricing and the distribution of goods. Every organization conducts marketing; from Fortune 500 companies to independent contractors; for-profit, non-profit, and governmental organizations. The M.S. in Marketing program will prepare you to excel in today’s digital, global, and innovative economy.
IS the M.S. Marketing FOR ME?
Regis’ M.S. in Marketing requires an ability to recognize opportunities, understand the needs of customers and implement creative solutions. It often requires long hours, flexibility and tight deadlines. The enrichment from working in marketing can be experienced in the satisfaction in helping others reach their goals and fulfill their needs.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN REGIS’ M.S. Marketing PROGRAM?
The program focuses on data gathering and analysis, opportunity and competitive analysis, application of ethical standards in marketing practices, service to customers, product/service development, critical thinking, and communication to stakeholders.
You’ll become an expert on the various disciplines associated with modern business and organization management. In particular, the 30 credit hour degree will prepare graduates to:
- Research and analyze industry and market data to define strategic market opportunity for organizations.
- Evaluate ethical considerations and make recommendations when conducting marketing initiatives for an organization.
- Analyze and recommend marketing solutions for industries, organizations and specific products and services through the use of case studies and client projects.
- Apply marketing concepts to customer acquisition, competition, product development, product distribution, promotion, and price strategies.
- Utilize measurement and control methods to achieve marketing goals for an organization.
IS REGIS’ M.S. in MARKETING ACCREDITED?
Regis University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of six regional higher education institutional accreditors in the United States.
WHAT CLASS FORMATS ARE AVAILABLE?
M.S. in Marketing courses are offered online and in the classroom. The convenience of online and evening courses let you work and attend school at the same time, working toward your degree without sacrificing your paycheck. The program requires just 30 credit hours and classes are offered in an 8-week accelerated format.
WHEN DO CLASSES START?
Courses are offered in 8-week terms that begin in:
June or July
What careers can I enter with an M.S. in Marketing degree?
- Marketing Specialist
- Market Research Analyst
- Advertising Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Marketing Manager
Salary and employment information on the above job titles can be researched at the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Career support from Regis
The Center for Career and Professional Development at Regis provides you with the resources, training and advice to
help you establish and meet your career goals. That means we’ll help you choose an academic major, explore and
find a new career path or create the tools for a successful job search that will promote your career. To learn more,
visit our Center
for Career and Professional Development page.
|Core Requirements (9 credit hours)
||Logical and Critical Analysis
||Leading in a New Era
||Business Intelligence and Analytics
|Required Courses (18 credit hours)
||Discover Marketing Opportunity
||Digital Marketing and Promotion
||Marketing Mix Decisions
||Customer Relations: Development and Management
|Capstone (3 credit hours)
|Total: 30 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
Regis University’s College of Business and Economics is dedicated to delivering a world-class business education founded on individualized, values-based, experiential learning. We seek to attract aspiring business leaders who demonstrate a passion for addressing today’s complex economic, environmental, and social challenges with an ethical and innovative approach that addresses urgent civil needs.
We base our admissions evaluation on the totality of information available in the admissions application. No single factor (GPA performance, essay, letters of recommendation, work experience or test scores) is the deciding factor for admission. We consider each application holistically, and take into account factors such as experience, fit with Regis University’s mission, aspirations, values, and accomplishments.
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or equivalent if bachelor’s is from outside the U.S.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission*
- Complete the online graduate application
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- 3.0 GPA or higher in most recent 30 hours of accredited academic coursework required. All credits used to calculate GPA must be from a regionally accredited institution. Official degree-bearing transcripts must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the Regis University Admissions Office (see below for address).
- Current resume
- Admission essay (instructions to upload your completed essay are included in the online application)
- Our Admissions Committee encourages all applicants to take the GMAT or GRE. Other factors may be considered in lieu of the GMAT/GRE and are listed below. Official GMAT or GRE scores from tests completed within the past 5 years are necessary when submitting test scores.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Options
- If applicant possesses a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, the GMAT/GRE is waived.
- If applicant has demonstrated two or more years or more of full-time professional work or military experience, including three years or more of project management/supervisory responsibility, an applicant may request an exception to the above requirements.
- If applicant has other relevant professional certification(s)*, strong career progression, or professional leadership experience, a GMAT/GRE waiver may be considered.
- If applicant possess an undergraduate degree from Regis University, the GMAT/GRE may be waived with two letters of recommendation from Regis University faculty.
*Examples of professional certifications that may be considered for GMAT/GRE test score waiver include, but are not limited to, SHRM-CP, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Accountant (CFA), Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt, or Project Management Professional (PMP). Additional admission requirements
apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens or received their undergraduate degrees outside the U.S. More information can be found here
NOTE: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed. An applicant not meeting the above requirements may submit a request for special consideration by the Admissions Committee.
Send Transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
Mail Code: A-12
3333 Regis Boulevard
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Electronic transcripts may be sent to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu
Applications are due one month prior to start date. Visit the academic calendar to view start dates.
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.