Lead effectively in a rapidly changing, global marketplace
The Master of Science in Organization Leadership is an intensive, accelerated learning experience that will prepare you for effective leadership in a global marketplace. The program is designed to help you make a profound difference or institutional change within an organization.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY Organizational Leadership?
Our program embraces the value that leaders are not born, they are developed. Increasingly, people must influence without formal authority. We believe all possess the capacity for leadership, but only those who cultivate it will ever become truly effective. As part of the Regis University M.S. in Organizational Leadership program, you’ll be encouraged to refine and develop your leader within — to become part of the next generation of effective, ethical and socially responsible leaders.
IS the M.S. in Organizational Leadership FOR ME?
Management requires an ability to recognize opportunities, define problems and implement creative solutions. It often requires long hours researching issues and working collaboratively with others. But the trade-off is the potential to earn a high salary and bring about positive change in your community.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN REGIS’ M.S. in Organizational Leadership PROGRAM?
At Regis, you’ll learn how to apply leadership skills to contemporary topics such as strategy, change, corporate social responsibility, ethics and emotional intelligence. This program also focuses on the qualitative issues of leadership, enabling you to become a lifelong learner through the understanding of the following:
- Effective Communication
- Team Management
- Research Skills
- Project Management
- Applied Leadership
- Human Relations
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Systems Thinking
- Decision Making
- Organizational Innovation and Change
- Strategic Planning and Financial Analysis
You will also become an expert on the various disciplines associated with modern business and organization management. In particular, the 30 credit hour degree will prepare you to:
- Evaluate organizational dynamics in the areas of structure, behavior, culture, and their implications for leadership at various levels.
- Evaluate the implications of organizational structure, design, and behavior for change management initiatives.
- Evaluate strategic and ethical leadership issues and develop values based solutions to leadership problems.
- Propose systemic and sustainable solutions to complex business problems using critical thinking and applied through organizational studies and leadership conceptual frameworks and theories.
- Create effective dialogue across the organization in order to facilitate the delivery of organizational goals.
- Practice socially responsible leadership in a changing global environment
The development of this program utilizes the guiding questions for leadership education developed by the International Leadership Association (ILA).
IS REGIS’ M.S. IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP ACCREDITED?
Regis University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of six regional higher education institutional accreditors in the United States and a member of the North Central Association.
WHAT CLASS FORMATS ARE AVAILABLE?
The M.S. in Organizational Leadership degree classes are offered evenings in classrooms or 100 percent online. The program requires just 30 credit hours. Classes are offered in 8-week accelerated format.
WHEN DO CLASSES START?
Courses are offered in 8-week terms that begin in:
January, March, May, July, August, October
What careers can I enter with an M.S. in Organizational Leadership degree?
With an M.S. in Organizational Leadership, you’ll be prepared for a variety of roles in nearly any industry,
wherever your passions lie. You’ll develop skills to work alongside business, technology and development
teams, coming together to create solutions. Commonly held titles include:
- Human Resource Manager
- Social and Community Service Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- Postsecondary Education Administration
- Administrative Services Manager
Salary and employment information on the above job titles can be researched at the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Career support from Regis
The Center for Career and Professional Development at Regis provides you with the resources, training and advice to
help you establish and meet your career goals. That means we’ll help you choose an academic major, explore and
find a new career path or create the tools for a successful job search that will promote your career. To learn more,
visit our Center
for Career and Professional Development page.
|Foundation Requirements (9 credit hours)
(may be waived)
||Logic and Critical Analysis
||Leading in a New Era
||Business Intelligence and Analytics
|Required Courses (18 credit hours)
|Leading Change and Innovation
|Delivering Organizational Excellence or LDR 6240 - Organizational Development
|Foundations of Organizational Behavior
|Organizational Culture and Design
|Capstone (3 credit hours)
|LDR 6820 – Leading Responsible Organizations
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 30 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
Regis University’s College of Business and Economics is dedicated to delivering a world-class business education founded on individualized, values-based, experiential learning. We seek to attract aspiring business leaders who demonstrate a passion for addressing today’s complex economic, environmental, and social challenges with an ethical and innovative approach that addresses urgent civil needs.
We base our admissions evaluation on the totality of information available in the admissions application. No single factor (GPA performance, essay, letters of recommendation, work experience or test scores) is the deciding factor for admission. We consider each application holistically, and take into account factors such as experience, fit with Regis University’s mission, aspirations, values, and accomplishments.
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or equivalent if bachelor’s is from outside the U.S.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission*
- Complete the online graduate application
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- 3.0 GPA or higher in most recent 30 hours of accredited academic coursework required. All credits used to calculate GPA must be from a regionally accredited institution. Official degree-bearing transcripts must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the Regis University Admissions Office (see below for address).
- Current resume
- Admission essay (instructions to upload your completed essay are included in the online application)
- Our Admissions Committee encourages all applicants to take the GMAT or GRE. Other factors may be considered in lieu of the GMAT/GRE and are listed below. Official GMAT or GRE scores from tests completed within the past 5 years are necessary when submitting test scores.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Options
- If applicant possesses a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, the GMAT/GRE is waived.
- If applicant has demonstrated two or more years or more of full-time professional work or military experience, including three years or more of project management/supervisory responsibility, an applicant may request an exception to the above requirements.
- If applicant has other relevant professional certification(s)*, strong career progression, or professional leadership experience, a GMAT/GRE waiver may be considered.
- If applicant possess an undergraduate degree from Regis University, the GMAT/GRE may be waived with two letters of recommendation from Regis University faculty.
*Examples of professional certifications that may be considered for GMAT/GRE test score waiver include, but are not limited to, SHRM-CP, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Accountant (CFA), Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt, or Project Management Professional (PMP). Additional admission requirements
apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens or received their undergraduate degrees outside the U.S. More information can be found here
NOTE: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed. An applicant not meeting the above requirements may submit a request for special consideration by the Admissions Committee.
Send Transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
Mail Code: P-28
3333 Regis Boulevard
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Electronic transcripts may be sent to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu
Applications are due one month prior to start date. Visit the academic calendar to view start dates.
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
Visit our Cost of Attendance page to see the tuition and fee schedule for the Graduate- Leadership and Management tab.