Make an impact through leadership and management of projects in various industries.
The Master of Science in Project Leadership and Management program is an intensive, accelerated and integrated learning experience that provides preparation for strategic project management leadership in a rapidly changing, global marketplace. The program is designed for individuals who wish to cultivate their leadership skills and make a profound difference or institutional change within an organization through the leadership and management of projects by applying leadership techniques, strategic management philosophies, and project management tools to projects in a variety of industries and settings.
Project Leadership and Management
WHY SHOULD I STUDY Project Leadership and Management?
With an M.S. in Project Leadership and Management from Regis University’s College of Business and Economics you will transform project management into a leadership experience. The program provides a framework for project management business functions, values, decision-making, critical thinking, and leadership skills that are needed for successful project managers in an increasingly complex and global environment.
Our program is focused on, and aligned with, the Project Management Institute’s Talent Triangle of Technical Skills, Strategic Management and Leadership. It is accredited through the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education (GAC) – The highest Standard for Project Management Degree programs. Only 87 schools in the world hold this accreditation. The College of Business and Economics is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI), the premier comprehensive continuation education program related to the field of project management. Regis University’s College of Business and Economics is one of only 1,600 schools worldwide to be designated as a R.E.P.
IS the M.S. in Project Leadership and Management for me?
The M.S. in Project Leadership and Management will prepare you for career opportunities in a variety of areas. Project Leadership and Management is practiced in every industry and may fall under many titles, including Project Coordinator or Project Manager, but just as often a manager in any area will need to manage projects. Almost every function in every enterprise involves completing defined projects. This degree will help any manager be more effective.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN REGIS’ M.S. in Project Leadership and Management?
The M.S. in Project Leadership and Management program will equip you with an understanding of the following:
- Application of PM methodologies.
- Communication with project stakeholders.
- Integration of projects with organizational goals (strategic alignment).
- Solve problems using critical thinking.
- Risk management.
- Utilization of business intelligence to drive decisions.
- Consideration of the global components of a project.
- Incorporation of ethical perspectives, implications and Jesuit principles into all project activities.
This degree is aligned with external professional standards from the Project Management Institute. By the successful completion of this degree program, students will have gained the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of current PM thinking and methodologies of the PM discipline.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with project stakeholders.
- Select and integrate organizational projects with organizational strategic goals.
- Use critical thinking techniques, develop and analyze risk management tools and techniques for effective risk mitigation.
- Demonstrate the ability to use business intelligence data/information to drive project decisions.
- Implement and understand the global components of the project life-cycle and methodology.
- Incorporate ethical perspectives/implications and Jesuit Principles into all project activities and decisions.
IS REGIS’ M.S. IN PROJECT LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT ACCREDITED?
The M.S. in Project Leadership and Management degree is accredited through the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education (GAC) – the highest Standard for Project Management Degree programs. Only 87 schools in the world hold this accreditation.
Regis University is regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
WHAT CLASS FORMATS ARE AVAILABLE?
The M.S. in Project Leadership and Management degree classes are offered evenings in classrooms at our Denver campus or 100 percent online. The program requires just 30 credit hours. Classes are offered in 8-week accelerated format.
WHEN DO CLASSES START?
Courses are offered in 8-week terms that begin in:
What careers can I enter with an MS in Project Leadership and Management degree?
With an MS in Project Leadership and Management, you’ll be prepared for a variety of roles in nearly any industry. As a project manager, you’ll possess the skills to work alongside any functional team.
Salary and employment information can be researched at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Career support from Regis
The Center for Career and Professional Development at Regis provides you with the resources, training and advice to
help you establish and meet your career goals. That means we’ll help you choose an academic major, explore and
find a new career path or create the tools for a successful job search that will promote your career. To learn more,
visit our Center
for Career and Professional Development page.
|Core Courses 9 SH
||Critical Reading and Writing
||Leading in a New Era
||Business Intelligence and Analytics
|Required Courses 18 SH
||Delivering Organization Excellence
||Leading Projects in Contemporary Organizations
||Management of Project Performance (Prerequisite PM 6570)
||Project Monitoring and Delivery (Prerequisite PM 6580)
||Leading Change and Innovation
||Strategic & Business Mgmt-Prjct Managers
|Capstone 3 SH
||Leading Responsible Organizations
|Total Semester Hours 30
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
Regis University’s College of Business and Economics is dedicated to delivering a world-class business education founded on individualized, values-based, experiential learning. We seek to attract aspiring business leaders who demonstrate a passion for addressing today’s complex economic, environmental, and social challenges with an ethical and innovative approach that addresses urgent civil needs.
We base our admissions evaluation on the totality of information available in the admissions application. No single factor (GPA performance, essay, letters of recommendation, work experience or test scores) is the deciding factor for admission. We consider each application holistically, and take into account factors such as experience, fit with Regis University’s mission, aspirations, values, and accomplishments.
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or equivalent if bachelor’s is from outside the U.S.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission*
- Complete the online graduate application
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- 3.0 GPA or higher in most recent 30 hours of accredited academic coursework required. All credits used to calculate GPA must be from a regionally accredited institution. Official degree-bearing transcripts must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the Regis University Admissions Office (see below for address).
- Current resume
- Admission essay (instructions to upload your completed essay are included in the online application)
- Our Admissions Committee encourages all applicants to take the GMAT or GRE. Other factors may be considered in lieu of the GMAT/GRE and are listed below. Official GMAT or GRE scores from tests completed within the past 5 years are necessary when submitting test scores.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Options
- If applicant possesses a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, the GMAT/GRE is waived.
- If applicant has demonstrated two or more years or more of full-time professional work or military experience, including three years or more of project management/supervisory responsibility, an applicant may request an exception to the above requirements.
- If applicant has other relevant professional certification(s)*, strong career progression, or professional leadership experience, a GMAT/GRE waiver may be considered.
- If applicant possess an undergraduate degree from Regis University, the GMAT/GRE may be waived with two letters of recommendation from Regis University faculty.
*Examples of professional certifications that may be considered for GMAT/GRE test score waiver include, but are not limited to, SHRM-CP, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Accountant (CFA), Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt, or Project Management Professional (PMP). Additional admission requirements
apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens or received their undergraduate degrees outside the U.S. More information can be found here
NOTE: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed. An applicant not meeting the above requirements may submit a request for special consideration by the Admissions Committee.
Send Transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
Mail Code: P-28
3333 Regis Boulevard
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Electronic transcripts may be sent to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu
Applications are due one month prior to start date. Visit the academic calendar to view start dates.
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
Visit our Cost of Attendance page to see the tuition and fee schedule for the Graduate- Leadership and Management tab.