Regis University is making a move to meet the growing demands of the expanding computer industry by opening a new College of Computer & Information Sciences (CC&IS) in fall 2014.
The CC&IS offers programs that cater to busy professionals, including flexible options for obtaining bachelor's degrees, master's degrees or academic certificates in these areas of study:
Computer Information Systems
Health Care Informatics and Information Management
Business Technology Management
Why computer and information sciences?
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the computer and information technology field is projected to add more than 800,000 jobs nationally by 2020. By 2018, it is estimated there will be 2.4 million STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) job openings.
- Health care organizations are increasingly looking for, and more often requiring, employees with degrees that combine study in health care informatics and management.
- Following the recent increase in the illegal hacking of customer data from top U.S. retailers, many companies worldwide are renewing efforts to improve their cybersecurity tactics.
Why Regis University?
- We're ABET accredited. Regis University offers the only ABET-accredited, 100% online undergraduate computer science programs worldwide. ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) is recognized as the worldwide leader in assuring quality and stimulating innovation in applied science, computing, engineering and engineering technology education.
- We're experienced and recognized for our expertise. Currently, 1,950 students are enrolled in computer science-related graduate, undergraduate and certificate programs at Regis University. Regis is a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education as designated by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Our graduates are highly successful. Our computer and information sciences-related bachelor's and master's degree recipients have the highest median first-year earnings compared to their peers from other Colorado universities (salary data reported by the Colorado Department of Higher Education and College Measures).
Information Science Degrees
Regis University's undergraduate programs in Computer Science (accelerated format), Computer Information Systems and Computer Networking are the only ABET-accredited programs offered 100% online.
Recognized for Excellence
Since 2007, Regis University has been designated as a National Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Based on salary data reported by the Colorado Department of Higher Education and College Measures, Regis University's computer and information sciences-related bachelor’s and master’s degree recipients have the highest median first-year earnings compared to their peers from other Colorado universities.
Top Ranked by U.S. News & World Report
Regis University was ranked on the 2014 Best Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs list.
Partnerships with Industry & Government
Regis University enjoys collaborative relationships with key industry leaders and government organizations. These partnerships lead to valuable joint research and enhanced learning opportunities where our students can benefit in today’s competitive business environment.
Partnerships with other Academic Institutions
Regis University's academic offerings are enhanced through its partnerships with other academic institutions around the world. Such partnerships include our joint master’s degree with the National University of Ireland, Galway and our partnership with the National Defense University’s Information Resources Management College (iCollege) in Washington, D.C.