A growing trend today is for professionals to make the personal and professional transition from one sector of employment to another. This trend is particularly evident today in seeing mid- or later-career individuals moving from the business or government worlds to the nonprofit/third sector.
Offered both online and on-campus, Regis University's post-graduate certificate in Executive Nonprofit Leadership builds upon the already-earned MBA or MPA degree and the existing knowledge and skills to provide critical foundational knowledge for the successful transition from the business/governmental sectors to positions of executive leadership in the nonprofit/third sector.
Applicants for this post-graduate certificate must hold the MBA or MPA degree (or equivalent).
Total Credit Requirements: 12 credit hours (4 courses)
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.
Executive Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Requirements: 12 credit hours
||History, Theory and Future of the Nonprofit Sector
|Select 3 classes (9 credit hours) from the following:
||Governance and Organizational Leadership
||Financial Resource Development
||Advocacy and the Third Sector
||Program Development and Accountability
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
Applicants seeking a post-master's certificate from the College for Professional Studies must possess an MBA or MPA degree (or equivalent) from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
Current or very recent significant engagement in a nonprofit organization (paid or volunteer) and/or access to a nonprofit's leadership team is required.
Applicants must demonstrate an ability to achieve graduate-level writing and critical analysis before admission to the post-master's certificate in Executive Nonprofit Leadership program.
- Complete the online certificate application
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript within 30 days of the date of application. Official transcript must reflect a baccalaureate degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. If official transcript is not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcript is received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. Official transcript must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the CPS Admission Office.
- Current rresume
- Completed admission essay based on provided topics: Current or very recent significant engagement in a nonprofit organization (paid or volunteer) and/or access to a nonprofit's leadership team is required to provide the contextual praxis framework/filter for your learning process. You should carefully describe and assess your engagement in the third sector in the essay portion of the application. The post-master's certificate program is designed to facilitate the practical application of learned knowledge within the context of leadership practice in a nonprofit organization.
- Faculty interview
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
|Summer 8W2 2015
||June 29, 2015
||June 15, 2014
|Fall 8W1 2015
||August 24, 2015
||August 10, 2015
|Fall 8W2 2015
||October 19, 2015
||October 5, 2015
|Spring 8W1 2016
||January 11, 2016
||December 28, 2015
|Spring 8W2 2016
||March 7, 2016
||February 22, 2016
|Summer 8W1 2016
||May 2, 2016
||April 18, 2016
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
2015-2016 Academic Year Tuition: Effective Fall 2015
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Additional fees may apply. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information. Click here for information regarding student parking fees.