Offered both online and on-campus, the graduate certificate in Gifted & Talented Education provides a solid background in identification, instruction and assessment of gifted and talented K-12 students. Courses from this 12-credit-hour certificate are useful for general educators looking to gain an understanding of how gifted/talented student needs can be met using the state supported Response to Intervention (RtI) model of instruction.
Total Gifted/Talented Certificate Requirements: 12 credit hours
Learn more about certificate programs offered by Regis University, including the minimum number of credit hours, cost estimates, related occupations and loan information.
Gifted and Talented Certificate Requirements: 12 credit hours
||Introduction to the Gifted Learner
||Identification and Curriculum
|Take 2 classes (6 credit hours) from the following:
||Affective and Social Needs
||Special Populations in Gifted and Talented
||Divergent Thinking in Gifted and Talented Education
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
How to Apply
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
Applicants seeking a graduate academic certificate from the College for Professional Studies must possess a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Application: Completed application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official transcripts from each previously attended U.S. regionally accredited college or university. Official transcript must be sent directly from your previously attended schools to the CPS Admission Office.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75 from previously attended colleges and universities
- Critical analysis essay
- Current resume
- One recommendation form from a principal, colleague or supervisor who knows your work in a professional setting (observation form not needed)
- Copy of current teaching license
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed
- Once registered in your first course, a $90 Task Stream fee will be applied toward your tuition. This fee is eligible for financial aid. Task Stream creates a webfolio where all evaluations, projects, papers and field hours are tracked in once place, which can be provided as a link to principals when you apply for teaching positions.
||May 5, 2014
||April 7, 2014
||August 25, 2014
||July 28, 2014
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
Regis University Tuition: Gifted and Talented Education Graduate Certificate
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Directed study costs $475 per credit hour
Please note: Additional fees may apply to Regis University students. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.