Any given day news stories flash with headlines of another electronic data breach. In times where the protection of information is becoming more and more critical, Regis University’s undergraduate certificate in E-Security can help distinguish you from others in the field. As one of only a handful of universities in the region selected as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance as certified by the National Security Agency, Regis will enhance your career and position you to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and their delivery systems.
Offered on-campus, the 12-credit-hour certificate of completion in E-Security provides you a solid understanding of organizational security policies, network and operational security, disaster recovery and business continuity planning and cybercrime and IT compliance.
Total Credit Requirements: 12 credit hours
- CN 460 Fundamentals of E-Security (3 credit hours)
- CN 461 Security Breaches (3 credit hours)
- CN 462 Countermeasures (3 credit hours)
- CN 463 Web and E-Commerce Security (3 credit hours)
Learn more about certificate programs offered by Regis University, including the minimum number of credit hours, cost estimates, related occupations and loan information.
Listed below are the required courses for completion of this degree at Regis University. Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list below and you should contact an enrollment counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
No program requirements found.
Listed below are the available courses offered at Regis University within this respective degree program. The courses below include the degree program requirements as well as courses. Please contact an enrollment counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
No course descriptions found.
How to Apply
Certificate only applicants: Submit the application, application fee, indicate a minimum of 30 semester hours of transferable course credit from a regionally accredited college or university OR meet the 3 years of work experience and meet all prerequisites for specific courses you plan to register for.
You do NOT need to submit transcripts or a writing sample.
NOTE: You are limited to taking a maximum of 18 credit hours and you are NOT eligible for financial aid or veteran's benefits. If you decide to become degree-seeking you must meet all admission and degree requirements of the undergraduate program selected.
Application deadline: The application deadline is one week prior to the start of the term. Applications received after the deadline will be moved to the next term.
Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed online undergraduate application form
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for previous Regis University students)
- Work experience: If you have at least 30 credit hours of college coursework, work experience is optional. If you have less than 30 credit hours to transfer toward your degree, you must document that you have at least three years of work experience after high school, or a combination of work experience and previous college credit equivalent to three years. Applicants who do not meet this requirement may submit a letter of appeal to the School Dean. Download the guidelines for work experience admission appeal.
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens.
Classroom Tuition by Credit Hour
2012 -2013 Academic Year
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Semester Hours Required
||Cost per Semester Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
|E-Security Undergraduate Certificate