This unique MBA in Emerging Markets specialization is conducted online. The MBA program is comprised of 12 courses (36 credit hours). Six classes are delivered in English and six in Spanish; therefore, students are expected to be fully bilingual. All online emerging markets courses are offered in an 8-week format. Additionally, a summer intensive is offered as part of this degree program, where courses are taken one summer on Regis University's North Denver (Lowell) campus and the following year on ITESO University's campus in Guadalajara. Upon this MBA degree completion, you are awarded a joint degree featuring a seal from both universities.
Develop Your Leadership Skills in the Global Arena:
- Apply the knowledge you gain in finance, management, international commerce and marketing to the analysis of emerging markets
- Evaluate what the risks are in international markets and where business opportunities exist
- Create business strategies and plans for organizational change that correspond to the global economy
- Learn from a multicultural faculty who can bring real-world experience into the classroom
- Network with other professionals and career-oriented graduate students from both the U.S. and Latin America
ITESO University is recognized as "Universidad de Excelencia" and ranked among the best MBA programs of Mexico and Latin America by the reputable business magazines Expansión (Mexico) and América Economia (Chile).
Contact us to learn more about the MBA in Emerging Markets degree program.
This is a specialization in Emerging Markets with a particular focus on Latin America. It is offered jointly with ITESO University and a degree for students completing this specialization is awarded jointly by ITESO and Regis University. Students must be proficient in both Spanish and English to enroll in this program. The admission policy is the same as for other MBA specializations with the addition of a Spanish or English language test.
|Required Courses (6 credit hours)
||Emergent Modern Business Firms
||Strategy in Emergent Economies
||Marketing in Emergent Economies
||Emergent Economy Operations
||Strategic Human Resources
||Firm Growth Strategies
||Entrepreneurship and Innovation
||Leadership and Change Management
||Corporate Social Responsibility
||New Business Environments
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 36 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
Applicants seeking an MBA in Emerging Markets from the College for Professional Studies must possess a baccalaureate degree in any field of study from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript within 30 days of the date of application. Official transcript must reflect a baccalaureate degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. If official transcript is not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcript is received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
Official transcript must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the CPS Admission Office.
- Official GMAT score which includes a minimum 3.5 official score on the Analytical Writing portion of the exam OR one admission essay approximately 1,500 words long.
- Current resume
- Two online recommendations from colleagues or supervisors who know your work in a professional setting and are able to give specific information about your abilities and potential. The application system will automatically send an email with a link and instructions on how to submit recommendations directly to Regis.
- Pass language test to demonstrate bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Faculty interview
- Students without a business undergraduate degree will have two options to complete the accounting and finance prerequisites. Learn more about the MBA prerequisites here.
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- The coursework of returning students (whose degree plans have expired) and/or transfer students must have been completed less than 10 years prior to the current admission into the degree program in order to be applied toward degree requirements.
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
Students who are otherwise accepted into the MBA program but who earned a GPA of less than 2.5 from the institution granting their bachelor's degree will be accepted provisionally and must complete either MLS 501 Critical Thinking and Graduate Writing or EDFD 500 Essentials for Graduate Level Writing with a "B" or better prior to taking any 600 level classes. This requirement can be waived at the time of the student's interview only if the student has demonstrated professional experience that has clearly provided ample opportunity for the student to improve in her or his written communication skills.
Students who earned a GPA of 2.5 or greater from the institution granting their bachelor's degree but whose essay demonstrates less than graduate level writing, may also be accepted provisionally and be required to complete either MLS 501 Critical Thinking and Graduate Writing or EDFD 500 Essentials for Graduate Level Writing with a "B" or better prior to taking any 600 level classes.
Applications due two weeks prior to start date.
|Spring 8W2 - March 3, 2014
||Feb. 17, 2014
|Summer 8W1 - May 5, 2014
||Apr. 21, 2014
|Summer 8W2 - June 30, 2014
||Jun. 16, 2014
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
Regis University Degree Tuition: MBA in Emerging Markets
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Please note: Additional fees may apply to Regis University students. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.