Master Degree Overview
The Master of Science in Organization Leadership degree (MSOL) is an intensive, integrated learning experience that provides preparation for effective leadership in a rapidly changing, global marketplace. Both on-campus and online organizational leadership courses are offered.
Partnerships that Strengthen Your Educational Experience
The degree in organizational leadership is supported by a unique and distinctive partnership with Aubrey Daniels International (ADI). Together, Regis University's College for Professional Studies (CPS) and ADI have crafted the M.S. in Organizational Leadership curriculum to incorporate the science of performance management technology and executive leadership in conjunction with Regis University's ethical and critical-thinking core components.
Curriculum and Specialization Areas that Capitalize on Top Management Practices
The masters program curriculum emphasizes top management practices and cultivating ethical leadership skills. Learn to think critically, synergize the power of your peers and encourage positive change within an organization. Focus your studies to meet your own unique professional and personal goals through the Organizational Leadership and Management specialization:
- ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
As the namesake specialization for the MSOL degree, this specialization delivers a deeper understanding and commitment to organizational process excellence, collaborative leadership and forward-thinking change management in today's global society.
It is also possible to complete a master degree in organizational leadership with a dual specialization.
Total Master Degree Requirements: 30-33 credit hours
- Core course requirements: 15 credit hours
- Specialization requirements: 12-15 credit hours*
- Capstone course: 3 credit hours
*Students who select the Human Resource Management and Leadership specialization may be required to take MSM 635 Strategic Human Resource Management only if the student lacks sufficient human resources experience.
Printable Fact Sheet: To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, please visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
MBA VS MSOL: What’s in a Degree, A Comparison of the MBA versus the M.S. in Organization Leadership
Core Requirements (15 credit hours)
||The Leadership Management Challenge
||Making Decisions in Organizations
||Leading Change and Innovation
||Strategic Management and Financial Reports Analysis
||Leading in Changing Economies
Specialization Requirements (12 credit hours)
||Strategic Human Resource Management
||Delivering Organization Excellence
|MSM 657/MBAO 603
||Leading Projects in Contemporary Organizations
|Capstone Requirement (3 credit hours)
||Leading Responsible Organizations
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 30 credit hours
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience and connect with a Regis admissions counselor for information and assistance.
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
Applicants seeking a master's degree from the College for Professional Studies must possess a baccalaureate degree in any field of study from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $75.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcripts within 30 days of the date of application. Official transcript must reflect a baccalaureate degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. If official transcript is not received within 30 days you will be unable to register for future courses until the transcript is received. A complete file can be reviewed by faculty with a copy of the unofficial degree-bearing transcript from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. Official transcript must be sent directly from your previously attended school to the CPS Admission Office.
- Two years of significant full-time work-experience
- One completed admission essay
- Current resume
- One online recommendation from a colleague or supervisor who knows your work in a professional setting and is able to give specific information about your abilities and potential. The application system will automatically send an email with a link and instructions on how to submit recommendations directly to Regis.
- Faculty interview
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- The course work of returning students (whose degree plans have expired) and/or transfer students must have been completed less than 10 years prior to the current admission into the degree program in order to be applied toward degree requirements.
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
Students who are otherwise accepted into the MSOL degree program but who earned a GPA of less than 2.5 from the institution granting their bachelor's degree will be accepted provisionally and must complete either MLS 501 Critical Thinking and Graduate Writing or EDFD 500 Essentials for Graduate Level Writing with a "B" or better prior to taking any 600 level classes. This requirement can be waived at the time of the student's interview only if the student has demonstrated professional experience that has clearly provided ample opportunity for the student to improve in her or his written communication skills.
Students who earned a GPA of 2.5 or greater from the institution granting their bachelor's degree but whose essay demonstrates less than graduate level writing, may also be accepted provisionally and be required to complete either MLS 501 Critical Thinking and Graduate Writing or EDFD 500 Essentials for Graduate Level Writing with a "B" or better prior to taking any 600 level classes.
Applications due two weeks prior to start date.
|Spring 8W2 - March 3, 2014
||Feb. 17, 2014
|Summer 8W1 - May 5, 2014
||Apr. 21, 2014
|Summer 8W2 - June 30, 2014
||Jun. 16, 2014
*Your application file including all requirements, documents and fees, must be completed by the application deadline.
Regis University Degree Tuition: MSOL with a specialization in Organizational Leadership & Management
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Credit Hours Required
||Cost per Credit Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
Directed study costs $705 per credit hour
Please note: Additional fees may apply to Regis University students. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information.