- PhD, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2011
- MBA, Computer Information Systems major, University of North Texas, Denton, TX, 1992
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry Management, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 1981
- RMOUG Training Days, Rocky Mountain Oracle Users Group, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012
- Teradata Physical Implementation (Architecture), NCR, 2002
- Teradata Application Utilities, NCR, 2002
- PowerPlay Web and Cognos Portal Workshop, Cognos Corporation, 2000
- Perl Programming, Batky and Howell, 2000
- Actuate Developer Workbench, ITTD, 2000
- Oracle Discoverer Administration, Oracle Corporation, 2000
- Oracle8 Performance Tuning Workshop, Oracle Corporation, 1999
- Fast Track to PowerBuilder, Greenbrier&Russel, 1998
- Component Based Development Workshop, Texas Instruments, 1997
- IEF Business Area Analysis I & II, and Construction, Texas Instruments, 1990, 1992
Academic & Professional Experience
- Regis University, Assistant Professor, Information Systems, Program Coordinator for the M.S. in Database Technologies degree, January 2011-present
- Prior to joining Regis University as a full-time Assistant Professor, Bob was employed by various Fortune 500 companies for 25 years as a DBA and Software Engineer
- Bob was also an Affiliate Faculty member at Regis University for 10 years
Research & Scholarship
Ph.D. dissertation research was focused on the resolution of the interoperability gap challenges that exist between Learning Object Repositories & Learning Management Systems using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Publications and Presentations
- Mason, R., & Ellis, T. (2009). Extending SCORM LOM. Proceedings of the Informing Science & IT Education Conference (InSITE) 2009, 873-875.
- Mason, R., & Ellis, T. (2010). A Recommendation for the Use of ServiceOriented Architecture (SOA) to Bridge the LMS to LOR Data Movement Interoperability Gap for Education. Proceedings of the Informing Science & IT Education Conference (InSITE) 2010, 43-56.
- Mason, R., & Ellis, T. (2011). A Research Study to Gather the Functional Requirements for a SOA Middleware Application to Bridge the LMS to LOR Data Movement Interoperability Gap for Education. Proceedings of the Informing Science & IT Education Conference (InSITE) 2011, 339-352.
- Mason, R., & Ellis, T. (2012). A Research Study for the Development of a SOA Middleware Prototype that used Web Services to Bridge the LMS to LOR Data Movement Interoperability Gap for Education. Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology 2012, 351-360.
- Mason, R. (2013). A Database Practicum for Teaching Database Administration and Software Development at Regis University. The Journal of Information Technology Education: Innovations in Practice, Volume 12.
- Bob has presented at Oracle technical training sessions at the following Oracle user group conferences:
- Rocky Mountain Oracle User Group (RMOUG), 2012
- RMOUG, 2005
- RMOUG, 2002
- Independent Oracle User Group (IOUG), 2001
- RMOUG, 2001