- Ed.D. University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- M.S., Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS
- B.S., Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS
Academic & Professional Experience
- Chair, Professor, MA Program, Department of Innovative Studies, Regis University
- Chair, Associate Professor Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, Regis University
- Director, Southern Colorado Graduate Programs, Regis University
- Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean of the Graduate School, Western State College, Gunnison, CO
- Associate Professor of Education, Western State College, Gunnison, CO
- Superintendent of Schools, Montrose, CO
- Superintendent of Schools, Telluride, CO
- Assistant Superintendent, Harrison School District #2, Colorado Springs, CO
- Elementary School Principal, Brighton, CO
- Elementary School Principal, Hays, KS
- Elementary School Teacher, Hays, KS
- Graduate Assistant, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
Research & Scholarship
Research Projects/Academic Studies
"The Relationship of Selected Features and Attitudes of the Negotiation Group to Negotiation Effectiveness. "Unpublished Dissertation (in Dissertation Abstracts, 1976). University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas.
Research Oversight: I supervise an average of 25 Masters level research projects annually. The projects have been in a variety of disciplines, including adult learning, higher education, communication, psychology, corporate training and other related fields.
Research in progress:
Collins, Robert D. (2010) “Goal setting behaviors of Adult Graduate Students”. Unpublished research manuscript, Regis University, Denver, CO
Collins, Robert D., Coddington, Jill, Williams Dorothy. (2013) “The Relationship of Goal Setting to Persistence. Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on Education, 2013.
Collins, Robert D. (2007) “Individualized Graduate Study”, Council for Accelerated Programs Network News, http://www.capnetwork.org/index.php
Other Academic Activities:
- Attended conferences and conventions of Colorado Association of School Executives, Phi Delta Kappa, and American Association of School Administrators.
- Presentation at Colorado School Boards Association 1980. “Strike Prevention Strategies”
- Paper presented at Council of Accelerated Programs (CAP) national conference in Boston, November, 2006. INDIVIDUALLY DESIGNED GRADUATE STUDY: A HYBRID ACCLERATED PROGRAM