Other Manager (CFO, Marketing, etc)
institute for Advancement of American Legal System
Job posted on:
15 Oct 2015
Job starts on:
15 Dec 2015
Gaylord, Denver, Colorado 80208
Desired Skills & Experience:
IAALS, the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System, part of the University of Denver, is a national, independent research center dedicated to facilitating continuous improvement and advancing excellence in the American legal system.
Our mission is to forge innovative and practical solutions to problems in our system in collaboration with the best minds in the country. In 2006, we opened our doors at the University of Denver. We had a clear sense of our mission, but also a healthy understanding of the enormity of the task.
IAALS relies upon an experienced and dedicated group of professionals from the field who have achieved recognition in their roles as judges, lawyers, academics, administrators, business people, and journalists. As a part of a major research university, we hold our work up to the highest academic and professional standards.
IAALS currently has four initiative areas. Quality Judges identifies and recommends empirically based models for choosing, evaluating and retaining judges that preserve impartiality and promote accountability. Rule One identifies and recommends court processes and procedures that provide greater access, efficiency and accountability. Honoring Families identifies and recommends dignified and fair processes for the resolution of divorce and child custody cases in a manner that is more accessible and more responsive to children, parents, and families. Educating Tomorrow’s Lawyers identifies innovative models of legal education that ensure knowledgeable, ethical and practice-ready professionals.
IAALS is an independent entity though its team partners extensively with their colleagues at the University of Denver, and IAALS’ members are DU employees. Additionally, IAALS’ offices are on the DU campus which allows the leadership of the Institute to work closely with faculty and staff at the law school and other parts of the University.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for developing and delivering marketing and communication programs that drive awareness, engagement, and the achievement of the Institute’s strategic objectives. The Director brings experience and knowledge of crafting proven marketing strategies to position IAALS for long term local, regional, and national success.
The Director develops external communications for IAALS and its initiatives to promote national recognition of the organization. The Director oversees all external communications, including online initiatives, publications, media relations, and marketing.
The Director interacts effectively with a diverse range of legal professionals, media and online contacts, and IAALS stakeholders. S/he identifies and assesses all communications needs, selects the most effective channel, creates appropriate messages and materials, and measures effectiveness of methods and media. Messages must be consistent, professional, relevant and delivered in a timely and logical manner.
The Director manages internal communications for the IAALS staff, board members, and others closely aligned with the Institute. The Director develops effective strategies for internal communications and identifies the most effective medium to use in these communications.
The Director reports to the Associate Executive Director and interacts regularly with the Executive Director and other IAALS staff members.
Qualifications and Requirements:
IAALS seeks a highly motivated, self-starter with broad experience in marketing and communications, developing and executing effective strategies to increase brand awareness and market positioning. The successful candidate will be experienced in marketing planning, media relations, brand development, campaign measurement, and message development in multiple media. This leader will have polished presentation skills and the ability to connect with all aspects of the legal and academic communities. The successful candidate will be flexible, energetic, strategic, a team builder, and a strong manager.
Additionally, the leadership of IAALS seeks candidates with these skills and capabilities:
Commitment to Mission
• Passion for the mission of IAALS and the advancement of the legal system.
• An understanding of the law and legal institutions preferred.
• Ability to relate well to a wide variety of audiences, including the Institute’s academic, administrative, and volunteer leadership.
Marketing & Communications Experience
• 8-10 years experience in media/public relations, marketing, and communications, developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications programs.
• Experience in implementing effective marketing strategies and tactics with measurable impact.
• Broad functional experience in areas of branding, integrated media, business and marketing development, and market research with proven ability to deliver measurable results.
• Experience in producing digital and print publications and marketing materials.
• Experience creating, launching, and maintaining robust online initiatives including websites, blogs, and social media.
• Experience in developing, implementing, and promoting large-scale marketing and media campaigns to raise visibility and spark interest and involvement.
• Adept at analyzing and interpreting data, using key metrics to guide business decisions and marketing strategies.
• Proven problem analysis and resolution skills, exceptional analytical skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to present information credibly to a myriad of audiences. Experience with budget development and management.
• Effective team player with experience in motivating and interacting effectively with Board of Directors, donors, and volunteers.
• Proven experience in managing staff and/or external vendors to achieve success plus a willingness to rolling up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
• Experience in working in a complex environment and knowledge of building effective working relationships in a matrixed organization structure.
• Self-motivated, energetic, results-oriented, proactive creative thinker.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strategic.
• Optimistic attitude and flexibility in a changing work environment.
• Highly organized, goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and diplomatic.
• Exceptional level of integrity, productivity and professionalism; persuasive.
Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred. Must be willing to relocate to Denver if necessary.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to Carolyn McCormick of Peak HR Consulting, LLC at Carolyn.McCormick@peakhrconsulting.com.
Additional information about this position and the work of IAALS can be found at www.iaals.du.edu .
Candidates must also apply online through https://dujobs.silkroad.com to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact Theresa Gomez at email@example.com.
The Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System, and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of their faculty and staff and encourage applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities and veterans. Peak HR Consulting, LLC, IAALS, and the University of Denver are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers.
General Job Description:
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for developing and delivering marketing and communication programs that drive awareness, engagement, and the achievement of the Institute’s strategic objectives.