Job posted on:
12 Feb 2015
Job starts on:
15 Mar 2015
777 Grant Street Suite 302, Denver, Colorado 80203
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Clear understanding of the education policy environment;
• Communications skills, including strong editing and excellent attention to detail;
• Experience with e-mail marketing, content management systems such as Wordpress, also creating and implementing social media plans;
• A demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively;
• Experience in project management and demonstrated event management skills;
• Confidence and professionalism in meeting and working with high-level VIPs across sectors;
• Concise, professional, and relaxed presentation style;
• Results-oriented, able to meet aggressive deadlines and manage multiple projects effectively;
• Comprehensive ability to translate national and state education research and data;
• Demonstrated commitment to accountability and measuring outcomes;
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum 5 years of professional experience
• Passion for the Colorado Succeeds mission;
• A familiarity with and passion for post-secondary and workforce readiness, STEM, and CTE;
• Ability to think analytically and problem solve, combined with a willingness to ask questions and work collaboratively;
• Energetic, hard-working team player;
• Highly organized and detail-oriented;
• Ability to work under time pressures with multiple priorities while meeting deadlines with accuracy;
• Self-directed with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
General Job Description:
Colorado Succeeds is seeking a full time Program Manager to provide support for the organization’s work, with a particular focus on expanding access to high quality educational experiences in post-secondary and workforce readiness (PSWR), including STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and career technical education (CTE). This position, which is funded for one year, will report directly to the Vice President for Strategy and Communications while also working closely with the entire Colorado Succeeds team.
About Colorado Succeeds
Colorado Succeeds is a non-profit, non-partisan coalition of business leaders committed to dramatically improving the state’s education system. Our members are business executives from corporations of all sizes and sectors across Colorado, united in pursuit of immediate and continuous improvement to the state’s education system. Our vision is that every student in Colorado graduates with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to succeed in a competitive global economy. We work to achieve systemic change by ensuring that Colorado’s education policies and practices are created and executed according to what is best for students, which also serves the interests of our state’s workforce, economy, and quality of life.
We accomplish this by:
1) Advocating for policy frameworks that facilitate increased innovation;
2) Identifying, scaling, and replicating innovative and successful educational models;
3) Collaborating with diverse coalitions to reimagine education.
Through our BizCARES Network, comprised of chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, business roundtables, and industry associations, Colorado Succeeds works with business leaders representing every county of Colorado.
The Program Manager will be responsible for helping Colorado Succeeds implement projects that effectively engage the business community to expand access to high quality, accountable programs and educational experiences that prepare students for PSWR, including STEM and CTE. Tasks include:
• Project management of external contractors related to research and communications;
• Define opportunities, best practices, barriers, and accelerators in PSWR for the business community;
• Use communications skills to translate research into a usable, web-based toolkit for employers;
• Engage in communications and outreach with the business community, using both traditional and digital media (including websites, social media, e-mail, infographics, etc.);
• Manage the logistics and planning for key meetings and events;
• Engage in work with our partners in the business and education communities, as well as multiple other stakeholders in STEM and CTE;
• Assist in developing and supporting business advocates for PSWR;
• Other duties as assigned; please note that Colorado Succeeds is a small organization, so every staff member participates in most projects, regardless of topic. The Program Associate will be expected to do the same.
One year full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience and in the range of $45,000 - $55,000. Competitive benefits package available.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate the position title in the subject line of the email. Deadline to apply is Friday, February 27. The position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. No phone calls, please.
Colorado Succeeds is an equal opportunity employer, and in all its governance, operations, and services, strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other legally protected classes and characteristics. Colorado Succeeds commits to the principles of equal opportunity and places the utmost value on diversity.