The Teacher Leadership Academic Certificate is for emerging teacher leaders looking to expand their circle of influence and for those in leadership roles. Guided by the National Teacher Leadership Model Standards and the Colorado Quality Teacher standards, the certificate provides a strong foundation to address school reform measures. The Academic Certificate may be completed independently, and is noted on the transcript.
- High quality instruction by experienced educators and leaders in the field
- Credit hours from the Academic Certificate may be applied toward a master's degree
- Emphasis on process learning, collaboration, and teaching and leading through critical reflection
- Key dimensions of teacher leadership roles addressed include: advocacy and outreach, fostering learning communities, negotiation, facilitating adult learning, negotiating change processes, understanding collaboration paradigms, and using data to improve instruction
Specific Certificate Requirements
- Three years of classroom/school/district experience
- All 12 certificate credit hours must be earned through Regis University
- The certificate program must be successfully completed within three years
Listed below are the degree requirements for completion of the Teacher Leadership Academic Certificate.
Please note that recent course requirement updates might not be listed and you should contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 303.458.4126.
|Total Certificate Requirements (12 Semester Hours)
||Leading Professional Learning (3 sh)
||Leading and Supporting Collaborative Cultures (3 sh)
||Leadership for Inclusion & Equity (3 sh)
||Leading with Data in Mind (3 sh)
How to Apply
Take the next step in receiving a values-based education at Regis by visiting the Master of Arts in Education admissions page to learn more about application deadlines, checklists and requirements.
Ready to apply now?
A baccalaureate degree and teacher licensure.
Three years of teaching experience. (Exceptions must be
approved by the MAE Director)
Official transcripts for all college and university coursework
with an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.750.
A two-page essay as directed in the application form.
Two letters of recommendation to be completed by one of
each of the following: a current administrator and a
A non-refundable $75.00 application fee.
Applications for admissions are accepted throughout the
year, preferably prior to the projected start date.