- Ph.D., Religion (Theology and Philosophy of Religion), Claremont Graduate University, 1999
- M.A., Religion (Systematic Theology), Yale Divinity School, 1993
- B.A., Philosophy, Lake Forest College, 1989
- American Academy of Religion
- Center for Process Studies
- Highlands Institute for American Religious and Philosophical Thought
Research & Scholarship
Faithful to the Earth: Nietzsche and Whitehead on God and the Meaning of Human Life. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield, 2003.
Essays and Reviews
“Affirmations after God: Friedrich Nietzsche and Richard Dawkins on Atheism,” Zygon: Journal of Religion and Science, March 2012.
“Science and Process Theology,” Religion Compass, December 2009.
“Response to David Conner’s ‘Whitehead the Naturalist, ’” American Journal of Theology and Philosophy, May 2009.
“Process Theology and the Problem of Evil,” (co-authored with John Woell), Religion Compass, October 2008.
Awards & Recognition
Awards and Recognition
- Research Scholar, Project for the History of Care, Georgetown University, 2005
- Board of Visitors: Council on Protestant Studies, School of Religion, Claremont Graduate University 2001-2009
- Bross Foundation Decennial Prize for Faithful to the Earth: Nietzsche and Whitehead on God and the Meaning of Human Life, 2000
- Visiting Scholar, Center for Process Studies, 2000Dissertation Grant, Claremont Graduate University, 1996-1997
- Humanities Fellow, Claremont Graduate University, 1995-1996
- The Scott Award in Religion, Lake Forest College, 1989