Specialize in Managing the Health Care Needs of Adult and Geriatric Patients
If you are an Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) or Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) with a master's degree and are functioning in a role in the acute care setting, either part-time or full-time, or are seeking to practice in this area, and do not want to earn a second master's degree, our on-campus, 12-month, post-master's Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Post-Master's Certificate program is the solution for you!
Nursing - Adult Gerontology Acute Care (Post-Master)
This program is no longer accepting new students. Contact the Office of Admissions to discuss available options. You can email your admissions counselor with questions at email@example.com or call 303.458.4344.
In the ever-changing world of healthcare, there is a recognized need for nurse practitioners (NP’s) who are skilled, educated, and competent to provide care to adult and geriatric patients with acute, chronic, and emergent healthcare needs. The majority of nurse practitioners in Colorado and the nation are certified as primary care NP’s, even though many are working in hospitals, specialty areas and clinics which require knowledge and skills related to acute, rather than primary care. This program is specifically designed to address this growing trend in NP education and practice and to provide the student with a curriculum that will allow them to obtain national certification in this area.
Don't you owe it to yourself to expand upon your proven skills? Let Regis University take you the rest of the way to a rewarding future!
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.
Listed below are the required courses for the Post-Master in Nursing Certificate: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program at Regis University. The total certificate requires 17 semester hours (including 525 clinical hours). The program length is three semesters.
- Campus-based delivery with hybrid format.
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. one weekday per week; Does not include clinical hours.
|Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post Master's Certificate Required Courses
||Advanced Diagnostics and Therapeutics (2 semester hours)
||Advanced Practice in Acute Care I for Adults across the Lifespan (5 semester hours)
||Advanced Practice in Acute Care II for Adults across the Lifespan (5 semester hours)
||Clinical Topics and Professional Issues for Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners (5 semester hours)
For further information, contact the Office of Admissions at 303.458.4344.
Regis University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science degree in Nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs at Regis University’s Loretto Heights School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
This program is no longer accepting new students. Contact the Office of Admissions to discuss available options. You can email your admission counselor with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.458.4344.
Application Opens: September 1, 2016
Application Deadline: Not currently accepting application
Applicants must have a previously earned nursing Master’s degree from a NLNAC or AACN-CCNE accredited program and the following:
- National certification in a nurse practitioner specialty
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- A grade of "C" or better in all undergraduate nursing courses.
- Evidence of two (2) years recent work experience in an acute care setting
- An active, unrestricted or unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state in which the student’s clinical/practicum experience will be completed.
- Completion of a statistics course with a grade of “C” or better
- Eligibility for this program is pending the successful completion of a drug screening and a criminal background check. For a complete list of Disqualifying Offenses, click here.
- A complete health history and physical examination record indicating that the student is physically able to meet the objectives of the program, and is appropriately immunized is required after admission to the program.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care professionals’ certification; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required prior to the start of classes if accepted into the program
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening), Computer-based: Minimum score of 213. Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
- Applicants that have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited US institution do not need to provide a TOEFL score.
- Submit the Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) application
- Submit three recommendation forms directly through NursingCAS. Select professional and/or academic references that can address your academic, professional, and leadership potential. One recommendation must be from your current employer or supervisor. The recommendation forms provided must be used.
- Submit (upload) a one-page typewritten statement (double-spaced) that addresses the essay question per the NursingCAS application instructions.
- Submit (upload) a current resume noting professional and volunteer experiences and relevant healthcare certifications.
- Request official university and/or college transcripts to be sent directly to NursingCAS. Official transcripts should not to be sent directly to Regis University. Arrange for NursingCAS to receive a separate official transcript from each regionally accredited U.S. university and/or college you attended. NursingCAS will not verify your application until all official transcripts and other required materials are received. See NursingCAS for Transcript Request Forms.
- A personal interview may be required.
Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.