The post-graduate certificate in Counseling Military Families (CMF) is developed to provide additional training in working with military families in the areas of secondary trauma, grief and loss, substance abuse, domestic violence, post-traumatic stress and the culture and processes associated with military life, both for the family and for the individual.
The certificate is a planned program of study which includes 18 graduate credits (six courses). Certificate course work is offered in evening or weekend intensive formats, as well as online, so that students may complete the course work within one calendar year.
This certificate is designed for community professionals with a master’s degree in counseling or closely related area of clinical psychotherapy who meet the requirements for admission to the certificate program.
Current graduate students in the Master of Arts in Counseling and Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy programs may also be admitted to the CMF certificate program after completion of MCPY 635 Counseling Techniques I. CMF certificate courses may be taken concurrently during their master’s degree course work, with the exception of MCPY 699C Supervision Internship, which must be completed post-master’s. The CMF certificate will not be awarded to current students until the semester following graduate from the master’s degree program.
Total Credit Requirements: 18 credit hours
Learn more about certificate programs offered by Regis University, including the minimum number of credit hours, cost estimates, related occupations and loan information.
Listed below are the required courses for completion of the Post-Graduate Certificate: Counseling Military Families program at Regis University. The total post-graduate certificate requires 18 semester hours.
|Counseling Military Families Certificate Requirements
|Military: Family Origins and Life Cycles (3 semester hours)
|Military: Substance Abuse Treatment (3 semester hours)
||Counseling Military Couples (3 semester hours)
||Counseling Military Families (3 semester hours)
||Military: Crisis, Trauma, and Loss (3 semester hours)
||Approaches to Trauma Therapy (3 semester hours)
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above. For further information contact the Office of Admissions at 303.458.4344.
Fall 2015-Summer 2016
||Estimated Total Program Cost
||Semester Hours Required
||Cost per Semester Hour
||Estimated Fees for Program
|Counseling Military Families Post-Graduate Certificate
Background check fee by external agency is $20. Additional program fees may apply. Please contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for information. Click here for information regarding student parking fees.
How to Apply
Prerequisites for Counseling Post-Graduate Academic Certificate Programs
- Completion of a master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a closely related clinical field from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a clinical internship within the master’s degree—600 hours minimum supervised clinical experience within the prior master’s degree program
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript reflecting a master’s degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited institution. Documentation of completion of a clinical internship may be required by the admissions committee.
- Completed admission essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current résumé
- Criminal background check
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
All Counseling program applicants must submit application materials to the program prior to the admission deadline to be considered for admission.
Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.
There are no info sessions scheduled for Post-Graduate Certificates at this time.