Counseling Couples and Families
Counseling Couples and Families
Regis University’s post-graduate certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy is designed for counseling professionals who desire to specialize in counseling couples and families.
Marriage and Family Therapy (Post-Graduate)
Offered at Regis University’s Thornton and Colorado Springs campuses, the post-graduate certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) coursework is primarily intended for professionals in the community with a master’s degree in counseling and/or those who practice as therapists in Colorado (Registered Psychotherapists with a master’s degree, licensed professional counselors, licensed psychologists or licensed clinical social workers).
Current graduate students in the Master of Arts in Counseling program may also be admitted to the MFT certificate program concurrently during their master’s degree coursework. The MFT certificate will not be awarded to current students until the semester following graduation from the MAC program.
Total Credit Requirements: 18 credit hours
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.
Listed below are the required courses for completion of the Post-Graduate Certificate: Marriage and Family Therapy program at Regis University. The total post-graduate certificate requires 18 semester hours.
|Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate Requirements
||Theories of Family Therapy (3 semester hours)
||Family Origins and Life Cycles (3 semester hours)
||Gender Development and Sexuality in Counseling (3 semester hours)
||Couple Therapy (3 semester hours)
||Practicum: The Practice of Family Therapy (3 semester hours)
||Supervised MFT Internship A (3 semester hours)
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above. For further information contact the Office of Admissions at 303.458.4344.
|Tuition (per semester hour)
|Background Check (external agency fee)
|Practicum Fee (one time)
|Graduation Application Fee
Estimated total program cost for 18 semester hours (tuition and estimated fees) is $11,870. Please click here for information regarding student parking fees.
How to Apply
Prerequisites for Counseling Post-Graduate Academic Certificate Programs
- Completion of a master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a closely related clinical field from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a clinical internship within the master’s degree—600 hours minimum supervised clinical experience within the prior master’s degree program
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript reflecting a master’s degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited institution. Documentation of completion of a clinical internship may be required by the admissions committee.
- Completed admission essay (instructions to upload the document are included within the online application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current résumé
- Criminal background check
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
All Counseling program applicants must submit application materials to the program prior to the admission deadline to be considered for admission.
Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.