Offered on-campus, the post-graduate certificate in Depth Psychotherapy (DP) evaluates issues of meaning, values and a just existence from a community and cultural perspective. The DP courses highlight the communal nature of the world and the powerful influences of both inherited and evolving cultural and ecological realities and narratives. The stories that shape us and the stores we create directly impact the psychological wellbeing of individuals, families and communities. The DP curriculum looks to human imagination, feeling, intuition and community dialog as essentials in addressing the basic mental health needs of our times.
The certificate is a planned program of study which includes 18 graduate credits (six courses). Certificate course work is offered in evening or weekend intensive formats so that students may complete the course work within one calendar year. This certificate is designed for community professionals with a master’s degree in counseling or closely related area of clinical psychotherapy who meet the requirements for admission to the certificate program.
Current graduate students in the Master of Arts in Counseling and Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy programs may also be admitted to the DP certificate program concurrently during their master’s degree coursework. The DP certificate cannot be awarded to current students until the semester following graduation from the master’s degree program and completion of the certificate coursework.
Total Credit Requirements: 18 credit hours
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.
Listed below are the required courses for completion of the Post-Graduate Certificate: Depth Psychotherapy program at Regis University. The total post-graduate certificate requires 18 semester hours.
|Depth Psychotherapy Certificate Requirements
||Grief Therapy and Life Transitions (3 semester hours)
||Ecopsychology: A Transformative Perspective (3 semester hours)
||Transformative Counseling: A Depth Perspective (3 semester hours)
||Personal Mythology and Narrative (3 semester hours)
||Approaches to Dream Work (3 semester hours)
||Cultural Narratives: Literature, Myths and Fairy Tales (3 semester hours)
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above. For further information contact the Office of Admissions at 303.458.4344.
How to Apply
Prerequisites for Counseling Post-Graduate Academic Certificate Programs
- Completion of a master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a closely related clinical field from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a clinical internship within the master’s degree—600 hours minimum supervised clinical experience within the prior master’s degree program
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Application fee: $50.00 non-refundable application fee (waived for Regis University graduates)
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript reflecting a master’s degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited institution. Documentation of completion of a clinical internship may be required by the admissions committee.
- Completed admission essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current résumé
- Criminal background check
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
All Counseling program applicants must submit application materials to the program prior to the admission deadline to be considered for admission.
Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.
|Fall 2015 - August 24, 2015
||July 1, 2015
|Spring 2016 - Jan. 11, 2016
||Nov. 4, 2015
There are no info sessions scheduled for Post-Graduate Certificates at this time.