- PhD, Clinical Psychology, emphasis in Depth Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute, Carpinteria, CA, 2000
- Master of Science, Counseling, emphasis in Community Counseling, Winona State University, Winona, MN, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Teacher Certification for Secondary Education, University of Texas, Austin, TX, 1966
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), State of Colorado
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Colorado Counseling Association
Recent Academic & Professional Experience
- Regis University, Associate Professor, Graduate Counseling, Clinical & Internship Coordinator, 2004-present
- Private practice, Adult Education, Denver, CO; Casper, WY; Colorado Springs, CO, 1985-presen
Research & Scholarship
Sablatura, P. (2009). Ecotherapy: Theoretical Foundations Leading to Clinical Work with Images and Dreams for Individual, Community, and Planetary Transformation (VISTAS, Online journal of American Counseling Association.)
Sablatura, P. (2012). Nature Meditations and Night Visitations. Annual Conference of Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC, a division of the American Counseling Association); Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Sablatura, P. and Schreiber, A. (2010) Ecotherapy: Counseling as if the World Mattered. Rocky Mountain Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors (RMACES) Conference Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Reynolds, J., Bennett, S., Medina, S., and Sablatura, P. (2009). Eros of Community: A Faculty Leadership Model. Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors (ACES) Annual Conference; San Diego, California.
Sablatura, P. (2009). Ecotherapy: Working Clinically with Images and Dreams for Individual, Community, and Global Transformation, American Counseling Association (ACA) Annual Conference; Charlotte, North Carolina.
Community Involvement & Service