- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in all graduate level coursework.
- A nursing graduate degree from a NLN or AACN accredited program, offered at a regionally accredited school.
- A grade of "B" or better in all graduate nursing courses.
- Active, unrestricted or unencumbered RN license in the state in which your clinical experience will be completed
- Eligibility for this program is pending the successful completion of a criminal background check. For a complete list of Disqualifying Offenses, click here.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) — Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening) on the TOEFL.
- TOEFL — Computer-based: Minimum score of 213
- Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
The DNP program has a competitive admissions process where students are selected based on a number of factors, including cumulative GPA, current resume, three recommendation forms, and the personal statement.
You are encouraged to submit all required application materials at once, with the exception of official transcripts.
- The priority application deadline is March 1, 2013 for the Fall 2013 Doctor of Nursing Practice program. Contact an admission counselor about our early applicant review and interview process. Applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed as they are completed.
- Submit a completed online application form.
- Request official transcripts to be sent directly to Regis University from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems.
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
3333 Regis Blvd. A-8
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu.
- Submit a two-page typewritten personal statement (double-spaced) that addresses the essay question in the application. Instructions are given when you reach the essay portion of the online application.
- Submit three recommendation forms. One letter of recommendation must be from a current clinical supervisor and one must be academic in nature. The third recommendation should be completed by either a professional or academic reference. The recommendation forms provided must be used.
- Submit a current resume including all professional and volunteer experience with emphasis on leadership roles, experience in primary and acute clinical care, and service to underserved and underrepresented populations.
- Submit a nonrefundable $75.00 application fee. Instructions are given when you complete the payment portion of the online application.
- Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
RHCHP Office of Admissions & Student Operations, Mail-Code G-9
3333 Regis Blvd
Denver, CO 80221-1099