Counseling Center Fees
As of May 2016, the Centers for Counseling and Family Therapy in Thornton and Colorado Springs will collect fees for services.
- The maximum fee is set at $30.
- A sliding fee scale will be made available to clients who cannot pay the $30 fee.
- No client will be refused services because of inability to pay.
- Families who bring multiple family members for individual counseling will be given a special family rate." A couple or family seeking counseling will be charged as one client.
- We cannot accept any insurance, Medicaid or Medicare.
- We will continue to screen out and refer high risk clients to other community resources.
- The intake counselor will explain fee policy at initial contact and if desired the client will be assessed eligibility for sliding fee scale.
- The fee will be communicated to the client at the phone intake, however if their circumstances change we will not turn them away from services.
- Fees will be collected at the beginning of the session and the client will be provided with a receipt.
- Forms of payment include: cash, check, or credit card.