Regis University offers temporary measures for complainants and respondents of discrimination and/or sexual misconduct, if such changes are available and reasonable under the circumstances. Interim measures are used to address safety concerns and to minimize the impact of the alleged conduct on involved parties. Failing to abide by an interim measure, such as a no contact order, may be considered a violation of this policy or the Student Code of Conduct. Interim measures may be temporary, pending the results of an investigation, or may become permanent as determined by Regis University.
Accommodations may include, but are not limited to:
1. Housing accommodations such as change from on-campus housing to a different on-campus or off-campus location; assistance from University staff to complete relocation and arranging to dissolve a housing contract and pro-rating a refund;
2. Academic accommodations such as rescheduling an exam or other academic work; taking an incomplete in class; transferring class sections or clinical assignment; temporary withdrawal or alternative course completion;
3. Assistance in arranging for alternative student employment and changing work schedules;
4. Accessing health services;
5. No contact orders, cease and desist orders or other appropriate orders;
6. Transportation accommodations if available; and/or
7. Services to ensure that the student can move safely on campus.
Interim measures are overseen and often administered by the EO & Title IX Coordinator or designee and are available regardless of whether confidentiality is requested, and regardless of whether the complainant chooses to report a crime to the University and/or local law enforcement; and in instances that the University does and does not investigate. The University will maintain the confidentiality of any interim measures for a complainant to the extent that such confidentiality doesn’t impair the ability to provide the interim measure. Accommodations can be requested verbally or in writing to:
Equal Opportunity & Title IX Coordinator
3333 Regis Boulevard, B-4
Main Hall 204
Denvre, CO 80221-1099