Since re-establishing the Regis Student Veteran Association in September 2013, the Chapter has been engaged with many service projects and recognition ceremonies. As a private institution, the focus of the school resides within the Jesuit tradition, i.e. that of academics and service. This culture is very much in line with veteran ethics and traditions.
There are many opportunities available to the students, i.e. the establishment of Student Veteran Centers at the Northwest Denver Campus and Colorado Springs campuses, and the availability of video teleconferencing for our monthly meetings. There is also a recently establishes Military and Veterans Assistance Office, which also participates in the RSVA monthly meetings and activities.
To date, RSVA has taken part in numerous events to include events both on and off campus. Some of the events include:
- Lyons, CO flood cleanup and restoration
- Opening of Regis Student Veteran Centers at Lowell and Colorado Springs Campuses
- 1st annual Veteran’s Day Ceremony
- Recognition of veterans at graduation ceremony
- Rafting trip with Senator Udall to discuss veteran issues
- Veterans in Higher Education Conference, cohosted by Student Veterans of America
- 31 Miles for 31 Heroes, collaborated with Team Red, White, and Blue
- Established RSVA Scholarship
Our overall mission statement is to be the leading campus resource network for student-veterans, that allows each to reach their full potential. Our value proposition is as follows: the veterans in our community take many forms; they are educators and advocates, innovators and leaders, they are our parents, brothers, sisters, and friends, and at Regis University they are students. As a veteran-operated student organization, we understand the unique challenges veterans face in the military. We supported each other then, and we will continue to support each other in both our current and future pursuits. Stand with us to make a difference in the lives of veterans and their families within our community.
For questions related to the Regis SVA chapter or membership please contact Nate Pryor or Jacob Harold at 303.964.5354.
Regis Student Veteran Association Constitution and By-Laws