All candidates must submit the following items to be considered. Based on the application, a select group of candidates will be invited to perform and compete on campus.
Candidates must be high school juniors or seniors for the 2019-2020 school year and plan to enter college in the fall of 2020 or 2021.
1. YouTube video audition: Please submit a link to your video with the rest of your application materials. All pieces must be memorized. The video must consist of a live recording of two pieces from two contrasting style periods, selected from the following:
20th-21st Century (1920-present)
2. Letter of reference from a music professional
3. Short essay: Provide a short, written essay so we can get to know you better. Please respond to both questions:
- What is your background in music and why is music so special for you? Please provide real life examples.
- Please tell us how you envision music continuing to play a part of your college education at a small Jesuit liberal arts college (and beyond).
Please limit your essay to two typewritten pages (or about 500-600 words) and email to email@example.com.
Ready to hit the right notes? Apply by the final deadline: Monday, February 10 at 5 p.m. MT.