Develop the Skills to be a Leader in Nursing
With a unique focus on service to underserved, vulnerable and diverse populations our online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) gives master’s prepared nurses the ability to be leaders in the service of others by improving direct and indirect health care access.
- A nursing graduate degree from a NLN or AACN-CCNE accredited program, offered at a regionally accredited school.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in all graduate level coursework.
- A grade of "B" or better in all graduate nursing courses.
- An active, unrestricted or unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state in which your clinical/practicum experience will be completed.
- Eligibility for this program is pending the successful completion of a drug screening and a criminal background check. For a complete list of Disqualifying Offenses, click here.
- A complete health assessment and physical examination record
indicating that the student is physically able to meet the objectives
of the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree and is appropriately
immunized is required after admission to the program.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet either of the following language proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening), Computer-based: Minimum score of 213. Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
- Applicants that have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited US institution do not need to provide a TOEFL score.
The DNP program has a competitive admissions process where students are selected based on a number of factors, including cumulative GPA, current resume, three recommendation forms, and the personal statement. A personal interview may be required.
|Priority Application Deadline
||Final Application Deadline
Take the next step in your Regis experience and start your application today. Complete the Regis Application or the NursingCAS Application. NursingCAS is the centralized application service for Nursing programs. Regis University accepts either application and gives equal consideration to both.
The application requirements are the same regardless of which application you utilize to apply. If utilizing the Regis Application all documents are submitted directly to Regis University. If utilizing the NursingCAS application, all documents are submitted directly to NursingCAS.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems.
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
3333 Regis Boulevard
Mail Code: P-28
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu.
- Submit a two-page typewritten personal statement (double-spaced) that addresses the essay question in the application. Instructions are given when you reach the essay portion of the online application.
- Submit three recommendation forms. One letter of recommendation must be from a current clinical supervisor and one must be academic in nature. The third recommendation should be completed by either a professional or academic reference. The recommendation forms provided must be used.
- Submit a current resume including all professional and volunteer experience with emphasis on leadership roles, experience in primary and acute clinical care, and service to underserved and underrepresented populations.
- Submit a nonrefundable application fee. Instructions are given when you complete the payment portion of the application.
- A personal interview may be required.
- Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
Office of Admissions
3333 Regis Blvd.
Mail Code P-28
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Phone: 303.458.4344 or 800.944.7667
Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.