Combine Your Interests in Health Care with Your Interests in Data Technology
Are you a health care manager looking for more knowledge related to database mining, data modeling and decision supports systems? Our online post-bachelors’ certificate program in Health Care Informatics is for you.
Health Care Informatics (Graduate)
In an effort to provide health care professionals with a solid perspective of database mining, data modeling, and decision support systems, Regis University now offers a Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Health Care Informatics. This option includes 12 semester hours available in the online format. For more information, please contact an admissions counselor today!
This program is for individuals with a prior bachelor's degree that have two to three years of experience in health care with prior management experience preferred.
Degree: Graduates are awarded a Certificate in Health Care Informatics
Online Option: Flexible format allows you to log in anytime, day or night as you complete weekly assignments. Each class lasts 8 weeks allowing you to progress quickly. No campus visits are required for online students.
Start Dates: Spring (January), Summer (May), Fall (August)
Application Deadline: Rolling admission deadline so it’s never too late to apply. Course size is limited, so it is best to submit applications sooner than later.
Printable Fact Sheet: To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, please visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.
Course Requirements (12 credit hours)
||Change Management in Adoption of
IT Health Care Solution
||Design and Selection of IT Systems in Health Care
||Healthcare Informatics & Information Systems
||Managing a Secure Enterprise
|Total Certificate Requirements = 12 credit hours
NOTE: In addition, MSCO 600 Database Architecture is recommended.
To download a printable fact sheet with program details, click here.
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year for the Graduate Certificate in Health Care Informatics program.
How to Apply
Take the next step in your Regis experience.
Admissions requirements are listed below.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. (Note: Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis by the Division of Health Services Administration.)
- Two or three years of management experience in a health industry setting and experience with health care systems is preferred.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening) on the TOEFL.
- TOEFL – Computer-based: Minimum score of 213
- Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
- Applications for the Certificate in Health Care Informatics program are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. An application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted.
- The ideal candidate holds a baccalaureate degree in Health Care Administration/Management or a baccalaureate degree in business, clinical or health related field. Applicants without degrees or experience in a health-related field may be required to take prerequisite course work.
Applications for the Certificate in Health Care Informatics program are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. Your application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted. Course size is limited. Once a course has reached its enrollment capacity, applicants will be selected for an alternate list.
You are encouraged to submit all required application materials at once, with the exception of official transcripts.
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts to be sent directly to Regis University from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems.
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
3333 Regis Blvd. A-8
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Submit a current resume
- Submit a non-refundable $50.00 application fee. Instructions are given when you complete the payment portion of the online application.
- Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
Office of Admissions, Mail-Code G-9
3333 Regis Blvd
Denver, CO 80221-1099
All documents submitted during the application process become the property of Regis University.
Please view the academic calendar for start dates.
This is a rolling admissions program in which we accept applications at all times. You are encouraged to submit your application materials as soon as they are completed.