Become a Leader in the Classroom
If you have a Master of Science in Nursing degree and want to become a health care educator without earning a second master's degree, our online and on campus Graduate Academic Certificate in Health Care Education is the solution for you.
Health Care Education (Graduate)
The Graduate Academic Certificate in Health Care Education will provide you the knowledge and skills you need for teaching in educational and health care settings. Students will receive a graduate academic certificate after just 12 semester hours of study.
Now is the time to discover online health care certificate programs. Don't you owe it to yourself to expand upon your proven skills? Let Regis University take you the rest of the way to a rewarding future!
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.
Listed below are the required courses for completion of the nursing Graduate Certificate in Health Care Education at Regis University. The total certificate requires 12 semester hours.
|Health Care Education Certificate Requirements
||Teaching and Learning Strategies in Health Care (3 semester hours)
||Curriculum Development (3 semester hours)
||Evaluation Methods in Health Care Education (3 semester hours)
||Graduate Certificate: Health Care Education Practicum (3 semester hours)
Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above. For further information contact the Office of Admissions at 303.458.4344.
Regis University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science degree in Nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs at Regis University’s Loretto Heights School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year for the Health Care Education Certificate program.
How to Apply
You can email your admission counselor with questions at email@example.com.
GRADUATE ACADEMIC CERTIFICATE IN HEALTH
- Official transcripts reflecting a nursing baccalaureate degree from a NLN or AACN-CCNE accredited program.
- Official transcripts reflecting study in and/or completion of a
master’s degree in nursing with a minimum cumulative grade
point average of 3.00.
- An active, unrestricted or unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state in which your clinical/practicum experience will be completed.
- Completion of a statistics course with a grade of "C" or better.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet either of the following language proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening), Computer-based: Minimum score of 213. Regis University's TOEFL code is 4656.
- Applicants that have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited US institution do not need to provide a TOEFL score.
- Applications for the Graduate Academic Certificate in Health Care Education are evaluated on a rolling admission basis. An application is reviewed and an enrollment decision is made once all required application materials are submitted.
- Submit a completed online application form.
- Request official transcripts to be sent directly to Regis University from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically. Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems.
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
3333 Regis Boulevard
Mail Code: P-28
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Submit electronic transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@regis.edu.
- Submit a one-page typewritten personal statement (double-spaced) that addresses the essay question in the application. Instructions are given when you reach the essay portion of the online application.
- Submit three recommendation forms. Select professional and/or academic references that can address your academic, professional, and leadership potential. One recommendation must be from your current employer or supervisor. The recommendation forms provided must be used. (NOTE: This requirement is waived for Regis University MS in Nursing Graduates who are applying for the Graduate Academic Certificate in Health Care Education.)
- Direct all written materials and inquiries to:
Office of Admissions
3333 Regis Blvd.
Mail Code P-28
Denver, CO 80221-1099
Phone: 303.458.4344 or 800.944.7667
Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.