Who can use Handshake?
All Regis University students, alumni and staff are eligible to utilize Handshake for free.
I'm a current student or alum of Regis University; how do I gain access to Handshake?
Regis University undergraduate and graduate students, as well as most alumni, will have accounts preloaded into Handshake. Your username and password details will be the same as your RegisNET credentials. Go to Regis.joinhandshake.com, or from your mobile device to app.joinhandshake.com/login and enter your RegisNET credentials.
I'm unable to log in to Handshake with my RegisNET credentials, or I am an alum who never received RegisNET credentials; how do I log in?
First, go to either Regis.joinhandshake.com or from your mobile device, app.joinhandshake.com/login. From the login page, enter the email address you'd like to use. If this email address is not recognized as being associated with any accounts in Handshake, you will be prompted to complete the "Sign Up" page and a request for confirmation will be sent to you from Handshake to the email address you provided.
If the email address you entered is recognized in the system as already being associated with an account in Handshake, a screen will appear with an option to select "Sign in using Email and Password" - click this option and enter your email address. On the next screen that appears, click the option titled "Log in using Email and Password" and either enter your password, or click "Forgot Password" and instructions for resetting your password will be emailed to you at the email address you entered.
If you continue to encounter difficulty logging in to Handshake, please call the Career Center at 303.458.3508 for assistance.
How do I schedule a career counseling appointment?
- Log in to Handshake.
- Click on the "Career Center" dropdown menu and select "Appointments."
- On the following page, you'll see any past and upcoming appointments you have scheduled. To request a new appointment, click the "Schedule a New Appointment" button.
- Select the category and type of appointment you are interested in scheduling, and you will be taken to the next available day/times, as well as staff member availability for that appointment type.
- Enter details about the appointment in the "What can we help you with?" section, and then click "Request" at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to an overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment.
- Make sure to check your notification for updates to the status of your appointment.
How do I search for jobs and/or internships, and create a Saved Search?
How do I schedule an on-campus interview?
- Log in to Handshake.
- Start by clicking on "Jobs and Internships" on the left-hand navigation bar. You will be taken to the "Job Postings" page. From here, there are several options available to view jobs and narrow your search:
- To search for jobs using keywords, use the search field at the top of the page. Enter your keywords and click "Search." You can then use the filters to create a saved search.
- To sort the job listings use the drop-down arrow next to "Sort by: Relevancy" button at the top right-hand corner and select the basis for your sorted job list from the options provided.
- Select your options via the drop-down arrow and click "Search" at the top of the page. You may select as many options as you need.
- To save a custom search, simply select your filter options and perform your search. Click "Save These Filters." Enter the name and description of your search and click "Save." It will now appear under "My Saved Filters." To view jobs based on one of your saved lists, click on that list from "My Saved Filters." To learn more about Saved Searches, read "How do I save a search?"
You can search for interviews in Handshake in a few different ways.
- Log in to Handshake.
- If you have applied to a job that is hosting an interview in campus and you would like to see if you have been selected for an interview you can select "Interviews" on the left-hand navigation bar. Here you can search for interviews that you have applied to.
- Next, you will need to review the timeline of the interview. If the interview is open for taking slots you can click "Take Slot."
If you need to choose a different time in the schedule you can choose:
- Request Swap: Request to swap time slots with another student. There is no guarantee that the student will accept this request to swap slots so make sure you keep an eye on your interview slot.
- Leave Slot: Remove your selection from the schedule. Until you pick a new time you will not be included in the interview schedule.
- Switch to Slot: Moves you to a new slot in the schedule, this option will only be available if there are open slots to switch to.
Note: If the schedule shows the signup period has ended, the schedule will be locked and you will not be able to leave or make any other changes on your own. Please contact the Center for Career and Professional Development for assistance.
If you would like to browse for interviews coming up on campus, you can select "Select Interviews" on the left navigation bar. Here you will see all interviews coming up on campus.
Note: If the interview is associated with a position, you will be directed to the job application.
- You can filter by the options on the left side of the screen to find the interviews you are interested in.
- Click on the name of an interview schedule to view the details and directions to apply.
- Click "Apply" in the top right.
- Select the job you would like to apply for if you wish to be considered for this interview.
- Once you have submitted your application for the job, you will be taken back to the interview screen where you should see a confirmation message.