Building Community in the Suites: West Hall at a Glance
West Hall is a three-story residence hall with close access to the Student Center, Main Café, the St. John Francis Regis Chapel and Main Hall. It is most noticeable for its comfortable suite-style living, allowing four residents to share a private bathroom and shower conjoining two double-occupancy rooms. The hall also a 24-hour kitchen facility available to residents.
West Hall also has dynamic programming that serves the needs of all residents, whether it be there first, second or third year living on campus.
This building is staffed by front desk staff throughout the day as well as Resident Assistants and Peer Ministers.
- A three-story building populated by upperclass students
- Co-ed by suite
- Each suite shares a bathroom with two sinks, two vanities, one toilet and shower
- Each room accommodates two students with a shared walk-in closet and with two desks, chairs, shelves, chests of drawers and twin-XL beds, which are adaptable as bunk beds
- Microfridge provided in each room
- Computer lab and study room located on 3rd floor with a printer for student use
- 24-hour lounge/game room located on 2nd floor
- Heating and AC unit in each room
- Two cable, internet, and phone outlets in each room
- Furnished lounges with Flat Screen TV and cable located on each wing on every floor. Also located in each lounge is a kitchenette.
- Free laundry facilities located on the 3rd floor, equipped with LaundryView web application (viewing of washer/dryer availability from your room)
- Fully functional community kitchen on the 1st floor is available to all residents
The West Hall staff includes six Resident Assistants, one Peer Minister, several Desk Assistants, and a Senior Staff member. Additionally, there is one Residence Life Coordinator, a full-time professional staff member who lives and works in West Hall. The residence hall staff works together to promote educational, social, and cultural development of Regis students. All staff members are trained in referring residents to the appropriate resources on campus, proving to be a great ongoing resource for all residents. The staff also acts as role models to promote campus involvement, resident hall community, and faith development.
Residence Life Coordinator, Emily Henkelman
Rooms in West Hall are 11’10x 21’7. While furniture is originally set with desks, beds, and chests of drawers on resident’s respective sides of the room, many roommates choose to customize how their room looks by shifting the height of their beds and rearranging the furniture.
To view an interactive map of a West Hall student room, click on the link below.