Student Disability Services and University Testing

Regis University is committed to building an inclusive community that values the dignity and contributions of all our members. Student Disability Services and University Testing (SDS/UT) is responsible for providing all students with documented disabilities reasonable and appropriate accommodations in coordination with faculty and other university resources.

Applying for Accommodations

Whether you are coming to the SDS/UT office as an incoming first-year student, a transfer student, an adult learner or even as a junior or senior who is applying for disability services for the first time, the application process is designed to help all students navigate the process of registering with SDS/UT.

Students requesting reasonable accommodations must complete an application, submit documentation of a disabling condition and participate in an intake appointment. It is strongly recommended that students complete the application as early as possible.

Step 1: Complete Application

If you already have a Regis ID number and have set up your Regis email account, submit your application through our online AIM system.

For students or prospective students without a Regis ID/email address, please complete the Application for Services form to apply for services and submit it to

Contact Student Disability Services & University Testing at or 303.458.4941 if you have trouble accessing either type of application form.

If you require special housing accommodations such as a single room, you must also complete an Online Housing Application with SDS and submit supporting documentation from a qualified, impartial, licensed physician or mental health professional. You will also need to complete the general housing application through the Front Porch Housing Portal.

Step 2: Submit Documentation

After you complete the online application, you will submit documentation to Student Disability Services & University Testing. You can mail, email or bring documentation to the SDS/UT office. We recommend that documentation meets the following requirements:

  • It clearly states the diagnosed disability or disabilities
  • It describes how the diagnosis was made
  • It is provided by a qualified, licensed professional (medical doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, school psychologist)
  • It is current and relevant
  • It includes types of accommodations which may be beneficial in an academic setting

Please present your provider with the appropriate Documentation Requirements sheet/s based on your disability type/s found on this page.

Once documentation is submitted, SDS/UT will review documentation generally within 7-10 business days. During high-volume periods (typically the month before a new semester/term, the first four weeks of a semester/term, and during midterm/final exam weeks) reviews make take up to 21 business days. Once complete, student will be notified via Regis email or letter to home address on file.

Note: Documentation that is incomplete, outdated or missing information may delay the approval of academic accommodations.

Step 3: Schedule an Intake Appointment

Students will be notified about the status of their documentation after review, at which time an intake appointment must be scheduled to discuss accommodations, procedures and services available through SDS/UT. Student questions and concerns may be discussed and letters of accommodation (LOAs) may be sent to faculty at this time. LOAs notify faculty which academic accommodations a student is approved for and has requested for a specific course.

To schedule an intake appointment, please request an appointment through your request an appointment through your AIM account or contact us at 303.458.4941.

Step 4: Request Accommodations Each Term/Semester

Students should request accommodations through the AIM system. This allows students to select their registered courses and approved accommodations they wish to use. Students are also able to schedule an appointment with SDS/UT staff through AIM if they wish to discuss their accommodations and new courses.

LOA requests are generally processed and sent a few days before the course begins, or within three business days after the student places their request.

Students MUST request their academic accommodations each new term/semester, or whenever beginning a new course. LOAs are sent out for new courses only after the student has made their request. Approved academic accommodations are not “active” until student places their request with SDS/UT.

Note: New documentation DOES NOT need to be submitted each term/semester. Once students are approved for academic accommodations they are approved for their time at Regis University. New documentation would only need to be submitted to SDS/UT if the student is requesting new/additional academic accommodations that are not supported by the current documentation on file. Please contact SDS/UT staff with any questions.

Submit Documentation to: 

3333 Regis Blvd, G-18
Denver, CO 80221


Office: Clarke Hall 241

Accommodations for Students with Disabilities Grievance Policy

Follow SDS/UT on Facebook


Frequently Asked Questions

The majority of students registered with the Student Disability Services & University Testing office receive extended time testing, access to a distraction reduced test environment and/or note taking accommodations. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis and students must request accommodations at the start of each term.

Students must be evaluated for a disability by a qualified professional before they will be considered for accommodations. Please contact Student Disability Services & University Testing if you would like a list of providers in the Denver area who can perform diagnostic testing for Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Disorders and Psychological Disorders.

While we like to meet in person with students whenever possible, we understand that would be overly burdensome to some students who attend classes remotely. If you are unable to meet in person, please contact our office at or 303.458.4941 to make other arrangements. It is not uncommon to discuss accommodation needs via email, phone call or video chat. However, the preferred method of communication especially for the first meeting is face-to-face.

Yes. This is because colleges fall under different laws than high schools, and there are many differences. For more information about how high school services differ from college services, refer to our guide on Accommodations in High School vs. College

Regis University does not accept IEPs or 504 Plans as appropriate documentation. IEP or 504 plans will provide a history of approved accommodations, but generally do not provide the specific disability diagnosis and methods of evaluation we need to determine appropriate accommodations. Documentation requirements are provided on this page for specific disabilities and conditions.

Students seeking housing accommodations must complete a Special Room Request Form as part of the housing application through the Front Porch housing portal. Medical documentation from a qualified, impartial, licensed physician or mental health professional should only be submitted to SDS/UT. Do not submit your housing documentation to Student Housing or SDS/UT. Please refer to the Front Porch housing portal for important dates and instructions.

If you have a moderate to severe food allergy that may require modification of a campus meal plan, please begin your inquiry with the Dean of Students in the Office of Student Life. If your concerns cannot be resolved through the Dean of Students, you will be referred to SDS/UT for further review at which point documentation, along with the Food Allergy Accommodations Form must be submitted to SDS/UT. Please print the form and have a certified medical provider complete it. Once we receive the form from you or your medical provider, a committee of qualified professional staff will review the documentation and determing the appropriateness of modification or exemption from campus meal plans.

Service animals are allowed for students on a case-by-case basis.

Students that live in Regis University housing must submit a request and documentation for the need for an emotional support animal (ESA). The ESA must be approved before bringing the ESA to campus. Please contact Student Housing or SDS/UT for more information.

While SDS/UT does not offer tutoring services, Regis University offers all students a broad range of resources that support academic success. Regis University offers a Writing Center, tutoring services and academic success workshops through The Learning Commons. These services provide support in writing and a range of subjects through one-to-one and group sessions to promote student confidence and success.