WHY SHOULD I STUDY HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT?
Successful organizations often seek applicants with a postgraduate degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) because of the strategic knowledge and skills that they have developed. Every organization today seeks to attract the best talent possible which requires human resource professionals skilled in recruitment, training, performance management and employee development and motivation. The human resource field encompasses workplace communication, workplace safety, and much more. Building on our Jesuit tradition of values-based experiential learning, the
Anderson College of Business
cultivates leaders of integrity who think critically, communicate clearly and implement innovative solutions to complex challenges. We partner with business and community leaders to enhance economic, environmental, and social well-being.
IS THE M.S. IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FOR ME?
Regis’ M.S. in Human Resource Management program is designed for individuals who wish to cultivate their leadership skills and make a significant impact within an organization applying leadership techniques, strategic management philosophies in varied industries and enterprises.
What types of people are attracted to our Human Resources Management program? Those interested in the program are likely to share common traits such as:
- Effective communicator, both interpersonally and as a presenter
- Time manager and be self-disciplined
- Decision maker
- Have business acumen
- Build trust and maintain confidentiality
- Metrics oriented
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE M.S. IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM?
The Regis Human Resource Management program focuses on the qualitative issues of human resource management, enabling students to become lifelong learners through the understanding of the following: application of HR metrics and analytics, problem solving, critical thinking, systems thinking, management, decision making within a framework of ethical conduct, legal and regulatory guidelines, performance metrics, socially responsible leadership in a global environment, and communication with stakeholders.
Our Masters in HR Management program challenges students to take responsibility for their personal learning experiences. Upon successful completion of the program, learners will have the knowledge and ability to:
- Deploy appropriate metrics and analytics in to order to make strategic HR decisions.
- Propose systemic and sustainable solutions to complex business problems using critical thinking applied through human resources conceptual and theoretical frameworks.
- Make reasoned and ethical decisions based on professional standards and practices for ethical conduct, legal requirements, and regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluate human resources performance, conduct research, and recommend changes to HR practices.
- Practice socially responsible leadership in a changing global environment.
- Communicate effectively and succinctly with all organizational stakeholders.
The Human Resource Management master's degree aligns with current HR scholarly literature and the associated pedagogical approaches. In addition, this degree offers a Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) aligned curriculum. Regis University is the only institution of higher education in Colorado with undergraduate and graduate degrees that hold this distinction.
IS REGIS’ M.S. IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ACCREDITED?
Regis University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of six regional higher education institutional accreditors in the United States.
WHAT CLASS FORMATS ARE AVAILABLE?
The M.S. in Human Resource Management degree classes are offered evenings in classrooms or 100 percent online. The program requires just 30 credit hours. Classes are offered in an 8-week accelerated format.
WHEN DO CLASSES START?
Courses are offered in 8-week terms that begin in: