For non-local or on-line students, you may access mental health resources by:

  • Asking your health care provider for referrals for psychotherapists or psychiatrists in your area. If you don't have health insurance, ask if the therapist offers a sliding fee scale or payment plan.
  • Call your health insurance company for a list of psychotherapists or psychiatrists on their panel.
  • Find out if your employer has an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). They provide a limited number of free, confidential sessions with licensed psychotherapists.
  • Call your local mental health center for referrals.

If you have an emergency situation, go to the nearest emergency room, or dial 911.

National crisis numbers:

  • National Crisis Helpline: 800.784.2433
  • National Suicide Lifeline: 800.273.TALK (8255)
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
  • Safe Horizon Stalking/Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-4673