Transferring to CC&IS

Prior college credit counts

If you have prior college credit, you may be closer to achieving your education goal than you realize. Let us evaluate what you’ve done, and see how it matches up with the program you’re interested in pursuing. It’s a great next step on your way to your goal.

  1. Send us copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. You may use one of the following methods:
    • Email them to
    • Mail them to:
      Regis University
      Office of Admissions
      Mail Code P-28
      3333 Regis Boulevard
      Denver, CO 80221-1099
  2. Indicate that you would like an "unofficial evaluation" and the name of your program of interest. Include your name, phone number, email address and mailing address on your request.
  3. The name of the institution needs to be listed on the copy of the transcript. Degree Audits are not preferred; please try to obtain actual copies of the transcripts.
  4. If the grades are by number, please provide a key.

If you don't have copies of your prior work, request that official transcripts be sent to Regis directly from the schools you’ve attended. The benefit of sending official copies now is that when you apply, we’ll have them on file already. After you contact all schools you’ve attended, be sure to send us an email letting us know that your transcripts are on the way, and that you’d like a transcript evaluation. 

Please allow 7-10 business days to receive your unofficial evaluation. If you provide us with your email address, we will send you the evaluation via email. Otherwise, it will be mailed back to you.

Note: Completion of an unofficial evaluation does not indicate acceptance into the program.

Transfer Credit

You may have transferable credit hours from colleges or universities you have previously attended. Once your transcripts have been received, the Advising Office will evaluate your file for acceptance of transfer credits from:

  • Regionally accredited colleges or universities you’ve attended previously, regardless of how long ago you earned them. Your transcripts are never outdated at Regis.
  • Military DD-214 or DD-295 forms (or notarized copies) and training certificates.
  • Documentation of courses completed through your employer or professional organizations that have been recommended for academic credit by the American Council on Education (ACE).

Additional Requirements

  • The transcript must be in PDF format
  • The DOB and SSN should be masked 
  • A transcript key is now required for all transcripts
  • Seamless Transfer

    By taking up to 75% of your course work through a community college (or up to 90-credit hours, depending on your major) and the remainder through Regis University, you can earn a bachelor’s degree from Regis. When you plan early with the help of your Regis University faculty advisor, your credits from a community college will transfer-no repeat courses, no wasted credits, no surprises.