The April 7 event offers free and low-cost health assessments, lab tests
March 23, 2018
The Regis University Northwest Denver Campus will transform from classrooms to centers for laboratory draws, health assessments and wellness screenings when the Regis 9Health Fair returns 7 a.m. – noon on Saturday, April 7.
A community health resource for Regis area communities, such as Berkley and Chaffee Park, since 2003, Regis’ fair is run by nurses, physical therapists, pharmacists and therapists from Regis’ Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions. Services include standard blood pressure screenings and heart, skin, foot and vision screenings; stress management; bone density testing; and non-fasting blood draws.
Whether you have a specific screening in mind or would like to visit every station, the Regis 9Health Fair is set up to serve you and your family quickly, and enable you to take charge of your health. The screenings, all of which are free except for the non-fasting blood draws, include:
- Men and Women’s Health Screenings, which include a prostate and testicular screening or a breast and PAP exam
- Heart Health, which includes a blood pressure screening, cardiac risk assessment and a body mass index (BMI) assessment
- Foot Screenings, which include screening for rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes risk
- Bone Density, which includes both a balance and bone health assessment
- Skin Screening, which includes skin care education
- Vision Screenings for eye health and education
- Stress Management, which includes a metabolic syndrome screening, nutrition and wellness education and a sleep apnea assessment
- Non-fasting Blood Draws ($35), including for cholesterol, blood glucose, liver and kidney function, and thyroid function
- And more!
Please mark your calendar for April 7 and join us in Peter Claver Hall at the Regis University Northwest Denver Campus, 3333 Regis Blvd. You may pre-register at https://www.9healthfair.org, or register at the fair. All of the Regis parking lots will be open for free parking.
Established in 1877, Regis University is a premier, globally engaged institution of higher learning in the Jesuit tradition that prepares leaders to live productive lives of faith, meaning and service. Regis University, one of 28 Jesuit universities in the nation, has four campus locations in the Denver metro area and Colorado Springs and extensive online program offerings with more than 11,000 enrolled students. For more information, visit www.regis.edu.