Sun, beards, mountains and brew. These thoughts twirl in your noodle until you find yourself googling “apartments
in Denver.” We get it. We live here – and love it.
So, perhaps you’re wondering if Regis University’s habitat has what you’re looking for. Well,
dears, you’re in luck. Here are the top 10 reasons why calling Denver home will be the best decision you’ve
- Smokin’ Hot Job Market – According to the December 2016
Report, the Mile High City ranked second in the nation for job seekers, with an unemployment rate of only
2.9 percent and average earnings of $47,741.
- Fair Weather – Despite Colorado being known as ski country, Denver’s climate is fairly moderate.
Surprise! It actually doesn’t snow that much here and when it does, it melts quickly. We have four
seasons, low humidity, 300 days of sunshine a year and the bluest sky you’ve likely ever seen.
- Powder Paradise – Need a break from the city to refocus? Six world-class ski resorts are located within 90
miles from the Regis University campus.
- The Wild Life – Unwind up close and personal with nature. Where else can you spot bald eagles, mountain
goats, elk, moose, bighorn sheep and countless other species in their natural habitat?
- Be a Fanatic – Denver is home to six professional sports teams: the Denver Broncos (football), Denver
Nuggets (basketball), Colorado Rockies (baseball), Colorado Avalanche (ice hockey), Colorado Rapids (soccer) and
Colorado Mammoth (lacrosse).
- Cycling Town – With its environmental friendliness and focus on health, Denver is a bike enthusiast’s
dream. You’ll find nearly 400 miles of signed bike routes and plenty of great trails beyond city limits.
Don’t have a two-wheeler? Rent a bike for free from Regis’ bike program, Cycle Works.
- A Sight to See – Are arts and culture more your speed? Drop in to the Denver Art Museum, explore the city’s
creative side in the Art District on Santa Fe, or take in a Broadway show at the Denver Center for Performing
- Red Rocks – Enjoy music like you never have before at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre. Or, take in the
800-plus acres of hiking, spectacular vistas and wildlife enclosed within this geological phenomenon, which is
the world’s only naturally occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheater.
- The 14ers Club – Is hiking your jam? Colorado has 58 mountains towering more than 14,000 feet. Climb one
and be rewarded with breathtaking views.
Hop to It – If you haven’t heard, Colorado’s beer scene is burgeoning. Colorado boasts
more than 200 breweries and Denver has nabbed the nickname the “Napa Valley of Beer.” Kind of makes you
feel all warm and foamy inside.
Don’t wait another minute to experience one of the most thriving cities in the nation. To learn more about
Regis University, or to schedule a visit and apply, click here.