After a long winter break, it’s difficult to get back into the daily grind. Whether it be refocusing on your studies, or just trying to adhere to your New Year’s resolutions, Regis has you covered. Here are some ways you can bounce back and jumpstart your year.
- Retrain your brain. Visit The Learning Commons and gain some new study skills (or just refresh yourself on some old ones) in one of the Writing Center, Tutoring or Academic Success Workshops. Find out how you can sign up or schedule a one-on-one appointment here. Not on campus? No worries. Find academic support online, too.
- Cheer on the Rangers. A dose of school spirit is sure to get rid of any post-holiday blues! Check out a men’s or women’s basketball game, or if you’re looking to spectate outdoors, softball and lacrosse will ramp up in February. And the best part? Tickets are free for Regis faculty, staff and students with your Regis ID. Get the full schedule here.
- Find an Adventure. If your New Year’s resolution is to explore, the Outdoor Adventure Program has tons of events coming up from skiing to snowshoeing to ice fishing for a great price. Or if you’re wanting to stay closer to campus, take some group classes at the Regis Fitness Center. Intramural sports are also offered each semester if you want to try your hand at a new sport.
- Feel the Music. Expand your musical horizons with the Regis Concert Series. With several concerts coming up, you’re bound to find something that piques your musical interest. Many concerts are free for Regis faculty, students and staff, but be sure to reserve tickets online and confirm pricing. Or if art is more your thing, plan a visit to the O’Sullivan Art Gallery.
- Live the Mission. Many people get into the holiday spirit by volunteering. Why not continue making strides toward the common good and commit to giving back all year long? Here at Regis, service to others isn’t just a concept taught in the classroom. We act on building a more just and humane world every day. Learn more here.