Meeting the Needs of Diverse Students
The Linguistically Diverse Learner Academic Certificate is designed for educators looking to complement their current teaching license and upgrade their skills and credentials in order to meet the needs of all students in their classrooms, including culturally and linguistically diverse students. The Academic Certificate may be completed independently, and is noted on the transcript. All 12 semester hours must be completed at Regis.
- Emphasis on foundational methods of instruction for CLD learners
- Highlights current, effective and research-based teaching strategies for CLD educators
- Explores and assesses information concerning first and second language acquisition theory
- Designs differentiated assessment based on language proficiency level
- High-quality instruction by practicing educators
- Classes held evenings, Saturdays and summer intensives
Learn more about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information regarding gainful employment for the current academic year.
Listed below are the degree requirements for completion of the Linguistically Diverse Learner (LDL) certificate.
Please note that recent course requirement updates might not be listed and you should contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 303.458.4126.
|The Linguistically Diverse Learner Certificate (12 semester hours)
||Foundations for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Educators (3 SH)
||Linguistics I: Language Acquisition (3 SH)
||Teaching Strategies for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Educators (3 SH)
||Assessment for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education (3 SH)
How to Apply
Take the next step in receiving a values-based education at Regis by visiting the Master of Arts in Education admissions page to learn more about application deadlines, checklists and requirements.