Resources for Military Students and Families

Get answers to common questions about using your military and veterans' education benefits, transitioning into a civilian career and other FAQ. If you can not find what you are looking for here, just call the Military and Veteran Resource Center at 303.964.5354 or or email

See Frequently Asked Questions
view of veteran resource center through door

Veteran Resource Center

Staffed Monday through Friday with Student Veterans, the Veteran Resource Center provides our military and veteran community with assistance finding Veteran-related benefits and enrollment information, computer access, print and scan services and any other type of support you may need. Stop in, say hello and find community at Regis.

Location: Coors Life Directions Center, 124
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday

vets salute flag

Student Veteran Association

Since September 2013, the Regis Student Veteran Association has been engaged with many service projects and recognition ceremonies. As a private institution, the focus of the school resides within the Jesuit tradition, i.e. that of academics and service. This culture is very much in line with veteran ethics and traditions.

To date, the RSVA has taken part in numerous events both on and off campus, including a Lyons, CO flood cleanup and restoration project, the opening of the Student Veteran Resource Center on the Northwest Denver campus, organizing the first annual Veteran's Day Ceremony, coordinating recognition of veterans at graduation, and establishing an RSVA scholarship.

Military to Civilian Career Transition

When transitioning from the military to a civilian career, you will find many options. Searching for a job that is a good 'career fit' and utilizes your transferable skills (and conforms to your separation date) can be difficult, but it can also be challenging and exciting.

If you are in the process of transitioning to civilian life after a career in the military and are unsure of where to start, join Regis' Center for Career and Professional Development for a Military to Civilian Transition Workshop.

How to relate your military service to the civilian job market and when to use military jargon on your resume

Helpful resources on moving from the military into a civilian job and preparing for your transition

Tips on searching for a job and an overview of the career support services available to you as a Regis student

General resume writing tips, best practices, formats and information to help you prepare for your job search

Mental Heath Services

If you are facing a life-or-death situation please call 9-1-1 immediately. Additional resources are listed below.

Veterans Crisis Line
Press 1

Military Crisis Line

Denver Vet Center

Boulder Vet Center

CO Springs Vet Center

Frequently Asked Questions

A Certificate of Eligibility is a document issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) that states your eligibility to receive VA benefits.

Certificates are issued by the VA after approving a claim for benefits. To submit a claim for benefits please use VONAPP (VA Online Application) at Initial claims can be filed on Form 22-1990.

Processing times vary based on VA workload. On average, the Department of Veterans Affairs processes a Certificate of Eligibility within 4-6 weeks.

Generally, veterans with a minimum of 36 months of active duty service qualify for the 100% benefit rate may qualify for Yellow Ribbon. To determine eligibility, veterans must apply for Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits with the VA. The VA will issue a Certificate of Eligibility which lists your eligibility for Yellow Ribbon. You will then need to check with your VA representative to see if your program qualifies.

Online courses are subject to 50% of the national average in BAH. Online students receive BAH, but at a lower rate than the University’s classroom rate. To receive BAH, both the online and classroom-based students must be more than part-time status.

VA students must be above the 0.50 rate of pursuit to receive BAH. Only Chapter 33 and Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) students receive BAH.

Hybrid/Blended courses can be certified as in-classroom as long as one classroom-based session is listed in the course offering and attended.

For undergraduate students, 12 credit hours per 16-week semester or 6 credit hours per 8-week term is considered full-time. For graduate students, 6 credit hours per 16-week semester or 3 credit hours per 8-week term is considered full-time.

The VA makes payment directly to the veteran by (1) direct deposit or (2) mailing a check to the mailing address on file at the VA. To establish or change your direct deposit information, click on the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form link after you have logged into WAVE. Changes and enrollments are usually processed the next business day.

Under Montgomery GI Bill®(Ch 30 and 1606) and REAP: If you attend school, you must verify your enrollment each month by using the WAVE or IVR system or by calling the toll-free 1.877.823.2378. Remember that you cannot be paid for a month until the month is over and you verify that you were still in attendance for that month.

Under Post-9/11 GI Bill®: The VA will send the tuition and fees directly to Regis University. The VA will send a book stipend (if applicable) directly to you near the beginning of the term (or once your enrollment is processed). The VA will send the housing allowance (if applicable) directly to you at the end of each month you have an enrollment.

Under Dependent and Eligible Spouse: The VA will pay the student directly via check.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Prior to an upcoming semester, a DVR representative will provide a list of students sponsored by their branch. To ensure you are sponsored, confirm your status with your division and make sure this documentation is sent to Student Account Representative at

Yes. As an active member of the United States Armed Forces, you're eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA) at Regis.

Preferred Tuition:

Undergraduate Students

Active duty students working toward an undergraduate degree in the accelerated evening or online format only within the following colleges are charged a discounted flat tuition rate per credit hour:

  • Regis College School for Professional Advancement
  • Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions (BS in Health Care Administration only)
  • Anderson College of Business & Computing

Graduate Students

Active duty students receive a 10% discount on tuition.

Where do I fill out the Preferred Tuition Form?
The Preferred Tuition form can be filled out online. You must submit it with your Tuition Assitance (TA) paperwork.

Do I need to fill out the Preferred Tuition Form every year?
Yes. In order to ensure your discount does not lapse, make sure to fill out the form annually by June 1.

Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Congress has given each service the ability to pay up to 100 percent for the tuition expenses of its members. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application processes and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services.

Where do I send my Military Tuition Assistance form?
Send the form to Student Account Representative at

When is the form due?
The form is due before the add/drop date of the course you wish to apply it to.

No, only active services members qualify for the active-duty discount and TA. Spouses are not eligible. However, spouses of service members on active duty are encouraged to explore the MyCAA scholarship program.

Students typically receive their VA book stipend directly to their checking account 7-10 days prior to each start date, so long as they completed all the necessary benefits documents in advance.

Yes. For undergraduate programs, 4-6 credits can be awarded for a minimum of two years of service in any branch of the U.S. military. All credits on the Joint Services Transcript (JST) will be evaluated for credit. Up to 24 undergraduate credit hours of Technical Occupational Specialty (TOS) credit may be awarded for the specific military experience. All credits evaluated must meet the requirements of the degree program and satisfy specific course requirements in order to be transferred.

Regis offers on-campus, online and hybrid courses. For information on class formats based on your academic program, visit the academic program page of the program you are interested in to learn more.

Yes. Regis University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. In addition, many of our academic programs hold specialized accreditations. Learn more on our Accreditation page.

Army/Navy/Marines/Coast Guard - Obtain A Joint Service Transcript (JST). All veterans should always submit a DD214 for evaluation as well.

Air Force - Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts

Have your military transcripts, DD214 and any official college or university transcripts sent to the following address:

Regis University Office of Admissions
Mail Code A-12
3333 Regis Boulevard, A-8
Denver, CO 80221

Electronic transcripts can be emailed to:

Yes. Please stop by if you are on campus.

Yes, there is a Student Veteran Association chapter at Regis.

  • Extended-time testing
  • Distraction-reduced test site
  • Books in an alternate format – e-texts or audio format
  • Note-taking
  • Record lectures
  • Write directly on the exam
  • Voice-activated software
  • Screen reader – Read and Write Gold
  • Other accommodations as discussed

All accommodations are activated through Student Disability Services and University Testing. Accommodations are contingent upon documentation and the interactive process with the student.

aerial view of Northwest Denver campus
Military and Veteran Resources Center

Regis University
Coors Center 124
Northwest Denver Campus
3333 Regis Boulevard
Denver, CO 80221-1099

Contact: 303.964.5354 |